Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach claim he layed out perfect plan for Oscar to beat Mayweather.Do you think...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
    well he got the split with a guy who couldm't execute...
    10 oz heavyweight gloves

Comment

brass boy just wasnt the ihteto execute that game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
        talk about imbeciles...

and yes i had oscar winning the fight
        im putting this in my sig.

Comment

roach had the plan, oscar for what ever reason, didnt roll with it. couldve been a case of ol dog new tricks...or oscar just plain stupid.
          a mayweather fight will be the most technically difficult one for pacman/roach. how do you dismantle a counter puncher?...feign the attack and then counter the counter?...pbf has a few pet moves he employs going back, you'll spot the same ones over and over...obviously his speed is a factor but he has a limited repertoire. pbf wont come out so manny will have to go get him.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            If there is a coach and fighter combo out there that can beat floyd, it's roach and pacquiao. Roach comes up with great fight plans and pacquiao listens and executes very well.
            True that. That is why Mayweather will stay undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
              this is exactly what pac does every fight, hell jump in head first, throw a combination, then follow up with a big left or a big right and overextend, and at this point its really too late to correct it. As long as pac does this, hes going to be in trouble, especially if mayweather can hurt pac. Everyone talks about how pac has improved, and he has, but he still makes those two key mistakes, if i can see it, i know for sure mayweather and his team do. Like i said, pac cant change it at this point, its a bad habit that hes had his whole career unfortunately, and alot of that comes from developing it young in his career.
              That is true. But that's more closely related to execution than gameplan. And i doubt Roach would use the same gameplan he had for Oscar with Pacquiao because they are 2 different fighters and that plan obviously did not work.

While Pacquiao does still have that tendency to jump in head first...his lateral movement and newfound abilities to think in the ring, make adjustments and ability to counterpunch would not keep Mayweather from landing...but would keep him from landing consistently.

I would say that Pacquiao may use feints to draw the counter from Mayweather and counter the counterpunch....but Mayweather has a huge reach advantage and Pacquiao probably would not be able to afford taking any steps backward.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                That is true. But that's more closely related to execution than gameplan. And i doubt Roach would use the same gameplan he had for Oscar with Pacquiao because they are 2 different fighters and that plan obviously did not work.

While Pacquiao does still have that tendency to jump in head first...his lateral movement and newfound abilities to think in the ring, make adjustments and ability to counterpunch would not keep Mayweather from landing...but would keep him from landing consistently.

I would say that Pacquiao may use feints to draw the counter from Mayweather and counter the counterpunch....but Mayweather has a huge reach advantage and Pacquiao probably would not be able to afford taking any steps backward.
                Manny has improved but if he gets into a boxing battle of the minds I think he is playing into Floyd's hands. Also Manny has done best when Plan A works like a charm when plan A does not work he can fall back on some things but as shown with the JMM fights if you can get him off plan A or limit plan A's effectiveness you limit the effectiveness of Pacman. I think Roach can come up with a good plan A but I have yet to really see him pull out a plan B and make it work (100% anyways because in the 2nd JMM fight Pacman did not fall apart like the first one).

Will be interesting to watch though because plan A is not enough to beat Floyd (imo) you have to be able to go to B, C and maybe even D.

About the specifics of the fight it is hard to say because they are both unique fighters so whatever happeaned before may not really apply in this fight, that is why I want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Manny has improved but if he gets into a boxing battle of the minds I think he is playing into Floyd's hands. Also Manny has done best when Plan A works like a charm when plan A does not work he can fall back on some things but as shown with the JMM fights if you can get him off plan A or limit plan A's effectiveness you limit the effectiveness of Pacman. I think Roach can come up with a good plan A but I have yet to really see him pull out a plan B and make it work (100% anyways because in the 2nd JMM fight Pacman did not fall apart like the first one).

Will be interesting to watch though because plan A is not enough to beat Floyd (imo) you have to be able to go to B, C and maybe even D.

About the specifics of the fight it is hard to say because they are both unique fighters so whatever happeaned before may not really apply in this fight, that is why I want to see it.
                  Well like i said in my original post...

if pacquiao keeps jabbing and probing without overextending himself...Mayweather wont have anything to counterpunch. And that shoulder roll is fairly easy to time while it resets.

The problem is that Floyd is smart and WILL make adjustments. So the big question is whether Roach and Pacquiao will be able to force Mayweather to adjust in a manner they can anticipate.

Comment

no he didnt, roach is great with pac average with everyone else......he didnt do great work with hopkins and toney......the whole thing with oscars jab being the dominant factor is a myth, its not like oscar has a vernon forrest long type jab......

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                      10 oz heavyweight gloves
                      10 oz. heavyweight gloves?

lmao

floyd stans always quote things they hear floyd say.

EVERY fight in vegas at the time above 140 used 10 oz. gloves.

140 and under used 8 ouncers and above 140 fights used 10 ouncers. lol

you talk as if only heavyweights used 10 ounce gloves and oscar made him use them in the contract.

it was regulations by the NSAC at the time that every fight above 140 lbs. used 10 ounce gloves.
                      Last edited by WhoreUs; 05-21-2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X