No announcement yet.

Did Berbick take a dive vs. Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
    Glancing shot leads to a delayed knockdown, and then Berbick flops like a fish out of water a couple times. I watched this fight last night with a friend as we were blazing, and he brought it up. Even if the punch was legit and it was a delayed knockdown a la RJJ-Glen Johnson, Berbick's actions of getting up and falling twice just looked really rehearsed. I don't know.
    He took a dive. Nobody scores 3 KD's with one punch. Berbick didn't fool anyone. He took a dive because he was scared. I also heard he had a voodoo master in his dressing room who cast a spell on Tyson. When Berbick after the initial exchanges realized that the voodoo magic didn't work he quit. Check the replay carefully. Tyson's punch doesn't even land.

Comment

Originally posted by A_New_Hope View Post
      I agree. Berbick didn't even look hurt and he fell around like a bad actor.
      My friend actually said that Berbick was acting just as we were watching replays of Berbick flopping around. Just his facial experessions combined with him literally looking like he forgot how to stand up. There is a difference between Judah's chicken dance and Berbick's acting. The KO shot I can understand, you know glancing blow that Berbick doesn't see puts him down, but to do that kind of damage? I don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
        Some kickass threads around here lately.
        lol, you said it.

Comment

Tyson's always had weird kind of power.

Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-21-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Berbick was on shakey legs right after that first knockdown in the 2nd round, he didnt dive trust me.

Comment

Any of you clowns who think Berbick took a dive in this fight, has never been in a fight or has never been hurt in a fight. I think the statement that you guys have never been in a big enough fight to know what it feels like to have your legs turn into complete jelly and there is nothing you can do about it but try to force your brain to tell your legs to keep you standing but your legs have a mind of their own at that time.

Comment

Of course he didn't take a dive. Berbick was all over the place and didn't know where he was because of the hands of Tyson. That confused look on Trevor Berbicks face is priceless.....You can't fake some **** like that, that's for sure. He must've felt extremely embarrassed getting KO'd in such humiliated fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                  Tyson's always had weird kind of power.

That punch landed solidly though.

09:37

Tubbs had done enough to collect his payday at that point.

Slow motion replay of the Berbick KO:

8:50

Comment

Another quality thread....

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      That punch landed solidly though.

Slow motion replay of the Berbick KO:

8:50
                      Them damn temple shots are the ones that put a fool on some funny queer streets

Comment

Working...
                      X