No announcement yet.

Did Berbick take a dive vs. Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Berbick take a dive vs. Tyson?

Glancing shot leads to a delayed knockdown, and then Berbick flops like a fish out of water a couple times. I watched this fight last night with a friend as we were blazing, and he brought it up. Even if the punch was legit and it was a delayed knockdown a la RJJ-Glen Johnson, Berbick's actions of getting up and falling twice just looked really rehearsed. I don't know.
    Yes
    12.12%
    No
    87.88%

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
    Glancing shot leads to a delayed knockdown, and then Berbick flops like a fish out of water a couple times. I watched this fight last night with a friend as we were blazing, and he brought it up. Even if the punch was legit and it was a delayed knockdown a la RJJ-Glen Johnson, Berbick's actions of getting up and falling twice just looked really rehearsed. I don't know.
    Some kickass threads around here lately.

Comment

He'd just beaten Ali, why would he dive against some young prospect?

Comment

No way. That sort of thing can happen, kinda like Judah in the fight with Kostya. He got right up and then did ballet around the ring.

Comment

Berbick himself said he took a dive but then again he was crazy and probably embarrassed at how he had lost the title in such humiliating fashion.

Comment

Tyson destroyed him! If he took a dive he would've just stayed down like Bruce Seldon did and wouldn't have fallen all over the place!!

Comment

God damn it you need to stop smoking. What the fhuk were you watching the fight on a 3" monitor?

Watch the knock out again
              Here. I dont think you will see the knock out any clearer than this unless you are such a smoker that you have no brain left.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                Good point!!

Comment

I agree. Berbick didn't even look hurt and he fell around like a bad actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                    He beat a brain damaged Ali and Tyson was the hottest thing in boxing at that time.

Comment

Working...
                    X