Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Contradicts Himself Badly (How can you defend him still?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    cotto actually has williams old wbo belt that williams vacated cause he couldnt get a fight. cotto didn't wanna fight him for it but he will surely fight michael "i'm in way over my head" jennings for it.
    actually Williams vacated to move up and face Verno Phillips to be a champion there, there were many guys who would have faced him, Collazo, Clottey or Quintana are 3 who for sure would have scrapped, he left because he had his sights set on higher ground but you can't say Cotto wouldn't have faced him because Cotto will fight anyone, he is the 1st guy to give Clottey and Margarito, 2 of the most ducked fighters today, their biggest opportunities, he is a warrior. he fought Jennings because that was already in motion, Williams had already left and all months prior to that Margarito was his only focus. all in all you could bet every asset you own fam Cotto would scrap with Williams any day but it isn't his job to negotiate contracts, he would it just hasn't happened..

Comment

Originally posted by crillz View Post
      actually Williams vacated to move up and face Verno Phillips to be a champion there, there were many guys who would have faced him, Collazo, Clottey or Quintana are 3 who for sure would have scrapped, he left because he had his sights set on higher ground but you can't say Cotto wouldn't have faced him because Cotto will fight anyone, he is the 1st guy to give Clottey and Margarito, 2 of the most ducked fighters today, their biggest opportunities, he is a warrior. he fought Jennings because that was already in motion, Williams had already left and all months prior to that Margarito was his only focus. all in all you could bet every asset you own fam Cotto would scrap with Williams any day but it isn't his job to negotiate contracts, he would it just hasn't happened..
      Williams dropped the belt because he had problems getting fights. Nobody wanted to see him fight Collazo. What do you mean Jennings fight was already in motion, nobody asked for that fight, nor the Gomez fight, but Cotto fought them. If he wanted to fight Williams he could have but he didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        I answered of course I'd like to see floyd fight Pac. who wouldnt. I agree it depends on your definition of legacy but the man already attached a defintion to it. "by taking on the toughest fights available".

Like i said from the beginning it's not that i have a problem with floyd fighting Marquez. It's that he considers himself the best welterweight...and i guarantee you if he beats Marquez he will brag about bein the best welterweight in the world..when he didnt fight a weltweight. When you consider yourself welterweight....to think Marquez will be a bigger legacy booster or a tougher fight than Mosley then you are smokin that Mayweather crack rock.

The Marquez fight will be a good fight and he will get credit for being the #1 p4p from me. But in no way will that make him the #1 welterweight just because of his p4p status. Just like when Pacquiao won the wbc lightweight belt...he was #1 p4p but not the #1 lighweight.
        Is Floyd saying he is the best WW , I always thought he was saying he is the best fighter in the world I see that as a different meaning and meshes with Floyd moving up through many weight classes , why just say WW especially as Floyd is preparing to go down to fight Pac at 140 , thats the plan you know

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
          Williams dropped the belt because he had problems getting fights. Nobody wanted to see him fight Collazo. What do you mean Jennings fight was already in motion, nobody asked for that fight, nor the Gomez fight, but Cotto fought them. If he wanted to fight Williams he could have but he didnt.
          what I'm saying is he can't be complaining about fights at Welterweight when he just finished beating Winky Wright.. regardless a Collazo win, especially after how Collazo scared Berto would have done wonders for Paul's claim for a big WW fight but he bounces instead of taking on those guys, a Clottey fight would have been great but not even that.. Cotto fought Gomez to set up the Margarito fight and that played out well. with Jennings you gotta understand Williams already had left and Cotto was on the WW comeback trail and there laid a vacant belt against a decent boxer, it was a great opportunity to put his name back on the map by having something to offer after such a bad loss...

Comment

Of course, they will defend him no matter what.

Comment

I pretty sure Cotto would have fought Williams if it was up to him, But Arum wouldnt let him so he keeps fighting Top rank promoted fighters, Cotto really has NO choice in this.

Comment

I think its more like the "skip list"

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                  Is Floyd saying he is the best WW , I always thought he was saying he is the best fighter in the world I see that as a different meaning and meshes with Floyd moving up through many weight classes , why just say WW especially as Floyd is preparing to go down to fight Pac at 140 , thats the plan you know
                  He wasnt planning on fighting Hatton at 140, or Marquez at 140. What makes you think all of a sudden just because of Pacquiao he will fight at 140?

Comment

hes that way because he has to be

the only thing i slate floyd for is how he talks **** , he should make it water tight or else he just contradicts himself

why would floyd want to give us his plans, it just doesnt make business sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                      Nobody on this board will take you seriously when you say Williams is a nobody and that he is irrelavant. He said he will fight from 147-160, quit saying he cant make welter when he said he would fight there. Not sure how Cotto would do against Kolle because he hasnt fought him.
                      Lol at yur ass, making **** up. When did I said Williams cant make 147?

Again aswer the thread question

WHy you still defend Floyd after all this contradictios, excuses and lies?

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      cotto actually has williams old wbo belt that williams vacated cause he couldnt get a fight. cotto didn't wanna fight him for it but he will surely fight michael "i'm in way over my head" jennings for it.
                      Cotto lost Margaito, he was looking for a tune, he was looking for cintron, Then Williams Vacated and Arum petyy forced Cotto to fight Jennings.

ANywas Without a belt Williams is irelevant because he cant sell **** to flies, and he havent done anything to be a big enhancing legacy win.

Comment

Working...
                      X