Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Contradicts Himself Badly (How can you defend him still?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    I don't get why people think it is so wrong, who else is going to look out for your interests if not you.

IF you think the commission is lax (which they pretty much are because they think it is good enough), you have to take matters into your own hands.

I fail to see the big deal.
    The big deal is this.

"Manny Pacquiao? Easy fight, easy work, probably easier than the Marquez fight"

"Hes ordinary and one dimensional".

If he is not that great a fighter,

why the need for extra tests that no commission requires?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
      Its just that, but seems to show no interest in cleaning up the sport for other fighters. He's only concerned about himself and his own fights. That is why I question his sincerity over this issue.
      Yea, its funny how there still isn't any other "cleaning up the sport" tactics by Mayweather at all.

You'd think, of one who is so adamant about the issue,

he'd be a very loud voice at all of the major fights that are going on without this supposedly higher standard of testing. "Cleaning up the sport", would mean he would be petitioning commissions, sanctioning bodies, legal representatives, etc., in order to get the sport cleaned up.

But we haven't heard about any of this from Floyd. A real crusader, goes out there and actually works to make **** happen. All this clown has done, is take vacation, torture his family, berate security guards, etc. etc.

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather "I just want a level of even playing field"

Floyds comeback fight after his 1st retirement = Floyd comes in over the contracted weight limit against Marquez..

Total contradiction..

Comment

• funny thing is that his flomies are more pathetic than him

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
              Oh man so much to break down in here, but lets give it a shot. It's gonna require me repeating myself

Which is irrelevant. Roach said it himself, that Hopkins knew more about boxing than him, there was nothing he could really teach him.

Exactly. Roger is a terrible trainer who lives off of Floyd. Floyd doesn't need a great communicator either, because he isn't that intelligent type who listens to anybody anyway. Giving him instructions would be a waste of time, he will do what he wants to do. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Like I said, he wins fights based on impulse. He's got the tools to win on impulse without trainers instructions or studying tapes, but most fighters can't do that.

Not always, but I'd say most of the times. Wlad and Vitali are pretty much similar to Hopkins. Smart in the ring, and outside of it.

To answer this question, you would have to get past generalizations and get to the specifics. Is Floyd self-promoting or did he had a great manager from the get-go, and two of the Top Promoters of our time behind him?

The bad guy routine? Hey Hopkins tried this in his own way (throwing down flag of Puerto Rico vs Tito), pushing and shoving Winky Wright at the weigh-in to try and boost PPV sales. Floyd is a natural A-hole, it's not that hard to take it a bit over the top. His undefeated record is the selling point, not his most-of-the-time annoying self-promos. I'm more entertained and have a better listen to 10 minutes of Hopkins talking, than anything dumb that comes out of Floyd's mouth:

This is all circumstantial evidence, of what they do in the ring. Yet again, nothing that changes what I said. One guy studies his opponent left and right, and can break his entire style down to a tea if asked during interviews. The other guy claims not to study at all and will simply improvise/adjust accordingly in the ring. And as I said, it's fine, he is arrogant but he gets away with it, FOR NOW. Roy Jones did it too (playing basketball in the morning, championship fight in the evening) until it didn't work anymore.

And I disagree with your premise. Him being undefeated and winning more rounds has no basis on him being smarter. Other factors (which I already pointed out) are involved.

You're right, Hopkins and Taylor are not great at anything in particular. Hopkins himself though pointed out that Taylor is a clueless, country boy. I agree with him, that's the difference. Taylor had youth and some talent on his side. A very good jab he carried over from his Amateur days. Hopkins isn't perfect and lost two close fights (one which I had him winning). And we all know who fell off of those two after those fights, and who is still competing at a high level, a credit to intelligence.

Fighting dirty is intelligent. Having the presence of mind to hit a guy in the kidney, or low-blow him while the ref is turned to the other side and can't see is pretty damn smart. I'm surprised you couldn't connect the two considering you think Floyd's in-ring adjustments are a sign of intelligence according to you.[/SIZE]

This has been fun, over and out for now, it's jogging time. I'll check back later.
              So improvising in the ring and learning, and adapting is not smart? Give a man a test he has not revised for and that tets his overall knowledge. Give a man a test paper for him to research on, and he may be smart to get top marks, but he has still had time to learn it.

Also what I will say is, I know Mayweather has a game plan. He knows what a fighter will bring, because he actually goes to fights... and he does watch boxing.

Floyd is great at self promoting. There are plenty of fighters under GBP and Top Rank, not all of them, in fact other than Tyson and Oscar have done more sales. Pac is still behind, so you tell me, is it his team alone?

Floyd's record is important to him, and I guess some fans, but IMO when you hit over a mil, it isn't your zero. There are undefeated guys out there who won't even get a PPV, let alone hit 1 mil.

Hopkin's has tried his bad boy routine, but he is just not as contraversal.

I agree Floyd is dumb, and doesn't make much sense, but in terms of boxing, he is damn smart. You mention dirty tactics as being smart, I feel that it's desperation. Being dirty isn't smart to me. You are doing what you need to do to win, but a smart fighter would be the one that gets paid. Hopkin's and his dirty tactics have put the casual boxing viewer off his game. At the end of the day, he wants money.

I do not connect being dirty to being smart. I play sports and when someone cheats, it's not smart in my view. We can agree to disagree on this. For example Andre Ward uses a lot of holding and headbutting, it gets him his wins, but I gurantee you that he won't gain that many fans and have peopl;e buying his PPV if he has one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
                Yea, its funny how there still isn't any other "cleaning up the sport" tactics by Mayweather at all.

You'd think, of one who is so adamant about the issue,

he'd be a very loud voice at all of the major fights that are going on without this supposedly higher standard of testing. "Cleaning up the sport", would mean he would be petitioning commissions, sanctioning bodies, legal representatives, etc., in order to get the sport cleaned up.

But we haven't heard about any of this from Floyd. A real crusader, goes out there and actually works to make **** happen. All this clown has done, is take vacation, torture his family, berate security guards, etc. etc.
                Believe it or not he's still got dumb supporters who'd defend him at all costs.

Comment

• Ishy Aytan

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post
                    Ishy Aytan
                    Who says Floyd Mayweather Jr doesn't lie?

Comment

• Every fighter contradicts themselves but Floyd is lookin pretty bad right now...

No reason this fight shouldn't be happening...

Comment

Working...
                      X