No announcement yet.

Mayweather’s Hit List Includes Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    There's all these titles, including the lineal, should not be unified at a CW. That's one, another is Floyd saying CW wins don't count. There's also the possibility of Canelo being affected by the extra 2lbs, you can never tell, but Floyd clearly thought the risk is worth the hit to his reputation.
    when did floyd say the bolded?

The video showed him saying he considers Cotto undefeated because Margs cheated and Manny fought him at a CW.

There is also the possibility of Canelo being affected by the extra 2lbs

I agree. does the same apply to cotto at 145?

Comment

• tards trying to flip the script.. but but but but but.... lol Just wait a few more years when blood testing is of the norm and Pac being pointed out as the one fighter who ducked it because of (enter one of the ten cowardly excuses he gave over the span of several years).

BTW, a good CBS Special clip for all the haters to watch and re-watch.

Comment

• This thread is always worth a few laughs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          One of the very few , you mean me and Cotto , come on kid read the forums properly .

How can Cotto not be drained yet Canelo is it makes no sense , its the same 2 pound only from a bigger man it must be less % to lose , you can add up numbers and percentages of weight cant you ?

Why do you keep saying WE , when its just you , you got no idea what Canelos best weight is, with proper nutrition and training that he has never had before , so again your argument based on the maybes .

Cotto wanted 150 because Margo just showed he need duirectics to make that , Margo said no fight , he knows he cant make it , Cotto could , its not hard to figure out .

Point is Manny beat a 145 Cotto and refuses to fight a 154 Cotto even though it was him calling Cotto out , Cotto said no problem at 154 , Manny said no thanks and forced up a JWW , then a LW and got beat by both , no wonder he wanted nothing to do with Cotto when he is healthy .

Anther thing , if Floyd beats Canelo clearly , and Canelo claims he had weight issues and its the biggest money fight to be had and Floyd calls him out and Canelo says ok but no CW , I will bet real Floyd accepts it .
          Cotto never said he was drained. Show me the link that he was drained? So yes ONLY YOU are saying that Cotto was drained.
          I can get you the link of this fact: Cotto did say that the reason he lost was because "Manny was too fast... I didn't see his punches."

Cotto vs Canelo: Cotto we know for a fact was not drained. See above explanation BY COTTO and below video clip!!!

Canelo: Canelo walking weight needs to be taken into consideration. So it's NOT just the 2lbs that Canelo needs to lose! Secondly, as per his last fight, Canelo balloons to over 172+. So AGAIN, it's not just 2lbs. Canelo struggles to make 154 let alone 152! Lastly, Canelo couldn't make a CW several years ago and barely hit 152 and now Canelo got BIGGER!

Cotto: Said he made 146 easily in his previous fight and laughed at the idea that 145 would be any different.

BUT the most obvious fact is that Canelo struggled to make 154 in his last fight and showed it with his low work-rate and stamina issues. If you think that Canelo didn't train hard against Trout, his biggest fight to date, then you are again not being objective. You are correct in saying we need to see Canelo on September 14th to be sure BUT going by prior history, the odds are not in Canelo's favor in having to go down to a weight that was hard to do years ago.

Cotto at weigh-in:
          --------------
          Cotto responding to a question "Will the weight take away from your power?"

Cotto says: "No, I'm healthy, I ate very well .... My health and strength is too much (for Manny)"

At 6:15 mark:

--------------

Cotto vs Margo: Nice try but that doesn't make any sense. If 154 was Cotto's best weight then why try to drain yourself to 150 (as you claimed)? A drained Cotto would be useless against a guy like Margarito who has very good stamina. Cotto just didn't want to fight Manny because he knew that the risk was high of losing again. Cotto knew that Manny's speed would kill Cotto at 150 ..... As for 154, everyone knows that Manny will not go up that high. He said it just prior to the Margarito fight. The only way I see that happening is if someone like a Floyd asks for it at 154. After the loss to Trout, many posters here said Cotto is no 154 fighter and belongs at 147. So 150-151 would have been OK for him and again, Cotto wanted that weight against Margo ......... but I was glad that Cotto said no as it's not a fight that was what most fans wanted anyways.
          Last edited by ADP02; 08-24-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Cotto looks sickly at the Pacquiao weigh in. Gross.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Floyd is through taking risks, he will fight neither of the three unless they are 15 lbs lighter and 20 years older
              Just felt like bumping this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
                floyd's full of ****. when i see him fight mosley and/or cotto then i'll belive he's not a fraud and a duck.
                Wheres this guy now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bumping this thread is putting the capital D on the word Ducking!!!! LOL

Duckweather is an, Official Punk!
                  look like PacBoy is not bumping this thread anymore

Comment

• Why are you bumping this to brag? He fought a past it Cotto 3 years after coming back at 154 and never fought Pacquiao.

Wow, he sure showed us.

Comment

• Lol @ this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X