No announcement yet.

Mayweather’s Hit List Includes Pacquiao, Mosley, Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Top Rank wanted a Mayweather fight in 2007, they kept Cotto away or so it seemed in the 2005-2006 years. I don't know who made the decision not to fight and its not always as simple as that.

And Mayweather was more avoided when he didn't bring any money to the table than when he was the #1 guy. He was in the "who needs him" club prior to Oscar really. Too good and too little money. But after it made sense for everyone to fight him. I don't necessarily think either May or Pac were particularly keen on a fight anyway simply because of the 100s of millions they pulled out in the end.

Well the testing thing I mean, it's not like it was the only thing that ever happened in that soap opera.
    Look, I understand your points. all I am saying is we do not have to get wet to know its raining outside.

Prior to his performance on 24/7 that helped push sales of the ODH/Floyd fight, Floyd was the ultimate "high risk, no reward" guy. A lot of people wouldn't fight him, especially the guys on this list.

Now post 2007, after ODH and Hatton, everyone wanted to fight Floyd because he was the primary reason that fans purchased over 3 million PPV's. Now Cotto/TR are willing to fight because a loss comes with a huge payday that offsets the financial impact a loss could have.

Posters find fault with Floyd because he didn't take the equivalent of the boxing "high road" and do things differently because he used to be the guy who couldn't get fights.

I think that is unfair.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      You're overlooking that Floyd wasn't on good terms with Top Rank then. In fact, they were in litigation. They just kept it (mostly) cordial in public until Mayweather returned in 2009 and the Pacquiao saga began. Those fights with Cotto, or any other TR boxer wasn't happening regardless once Mayweather skipped town in 2006.
      You are correct. I didn't forget it as much as I didn't post it. I'm sure Laced remembers this as well.

whenever discussing Floyd we need to be cognizant of the 3 very different stages of his career: pre 2007, 2007, and post 2007. Each stage is unique and distinct.

Comment

• The tags on this thread Larry will bury whoever did that like he did that puto blanco

This thread is epic. It was an honor to have witnessed Floyd's whole career. The only thing better is the crow all his haters had to eat. All the excuses in the world can't take away Floyd's wins 49-0. The excuses, temper tantrums, trolling, tears, and ******* leakage of the haters can't erase the loss their fighter(s) received from Floyd.

Comment

• He came, he saw, he conquered. A true all-time great.

Comment

• I always considered Floyd the best of the era, he proved it over and over again! What people don't understand is the boy is a boxing prodigy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
              Shane -old ,way past it

Cotto-old, past it

Marquez- old , small, past it

Floyds resume is filled with old has beens
              Small fighters coming up and overated fighters like ghost.

Ill give him the castillo and maidana rematches. He did good work in those fights. But they both beat him fair and square in the first fights. To his credit he rematched them.
              Floyd ruins lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                He came, he saw, he conquered. A true all-time great.
                Let the church say amen

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                  Floyd ruins lives.
                  Lmao, this made me laugh way too much. Such a brutal burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Code Red View Post
                    I always considered Floyd the best of the era, he proved it over and over again! What people don't understand is the boy is a boxing prodigy!
                    To be fair, I don't think that they don't understand it, I think that its precisely BECAUSE they understand that they hate him so much.

When the athlete you hate is so much better than the athlete you love, you can't help but try discredit his prodigious talent.

Comment

• lol @ This thread.

A fruit salad of kiss-ass Fl0wmo divk riders taking turns to change the context of a cherry picker to a great cherry picker who did it all hahaha!

# legacy is earned brothas

# You reap what you saw, a cherry picker is a cherry picker and will always be a cherry picker 'till the end of time.

# add some fake wins = not really undefeated cherry-picker

Last edited by Spoon23; 02-28-2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X