No announcement yet.

Andre Ward/Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
    Dawson has more natural physical(speed, power) abilities but Ward has the boxing IQ and is more consistently focused and he has some speed and power as well.

If they fought, I would have to give it to Ward by UD. They would probably split the first 6 rounds about even but the last half of the fight would be dominated by ward. Ward is a master of breaking his opponent down and executing.
    Ward hasn't broken anyone down, Miranda is a crude boxer yet there were moments that Miranda could of won some rounds and did some damage. Dawson's IQ isn't bad either since he has the experience and only gets better after every fight. Dawson would win based on physical skills, Dawson would dominate him and possibly knock him out, since Ward is quite chinney.

I would favor Lucian Bute and Andre Dirrell over Ward as well.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 05-18-2009, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Dirrell has more potential than both if you ask me... But I dont know if he will completely fill that potential.

Comment

Originally posted by robjr View Post
        Dirrell has more potential than both if you ask me... But I dont know if he will completely fill that potential.
        His brother Anthony is equally talented. Dirrell would beat Ward, but not Dawson. He's the mandatory for Karoly Balzsay belt. I don't know why Dirrell doesn't want to make any moves to fight him, but then again the WBO is a joke.

Comment

yeah i wanna see that one. or andre ward vs andre dirrell the super middleweight division is stacked with talent right now. but i want joe calzaghe to come back though then itll be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
            he wasnt running, the first 5 rounds he fought miranda on the inside, and in one of the rounds (i belive it was round 8), he fought within inches of miranda.

idk what fight you watched.
            wtf are you talking bout? he was on his bike the whole fight, he threw more elbows and forearms than you'll see in a ****ing MMA fight. Seriously, the ref could have taken at least 3 points from him throughout the whole fight. BTW Chad Beats him at any point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by darkstar777 View Post
              His brother Anthony is equally talented. Dirrell would beat Ward, but not Dawson. He's the mandatory for Karoly Balzsay belt. I don't know why Dirrell doesn't want to make any moves to fight him, but then again the WBO is a joke.
              Dirrell the mandatory for the WBO and Ward the mandatory for the WBC, damn, the future is looking good for the SMW division.

Can't wait for the Ward-Dirrell rivalry to get heated up. That rivalry has some sick potential.

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
                he wasnt running, the first 5 rounds he fought miranda on the inside, and in one of the rounds (i belive it was round 8), he fought within inches of miranda.

idk what fight you watched.
                I guess you weren't online after the fight finished

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                  Dirrell the mandatory for the WBO and Ward the mandatory for the WBC, damn, the future is looking good for the SMW division.

Can't wait for the Ward-Dirrell rivalry to get heated up. That rivalry has some sick potential.
                  It's about time we *finally* got some decent talent at 168. It's been a total wasteland ever since Roy went up to 175.

Comment

Ward would outpoint him at SMW but at Light Heavyweight I say Dawson. These are some good fights that could happen involving Pavlik, Froch, Dirrell, Jermain Taylor, Bernard Hopkins and Jones Jr. Love to see any of these guys fight Dawson or Ward. SMW and Light Heavyweight really looking up/

Comment

Dawson over Ward UD. Dawson is bigger and has the natural speed/power advantage not to mention he's more skilled.

Comment

Working...
                      X