No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward Fully Breaks Down Klitschko vs. Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jisi View Post
    Steward is right and Wladimir will win by KO.

Wlad is a real Heavyweight and a great Champion!

The crowd will stand behinds him!

Wlad will win by KO unless 6 rounds.
    I am going and i will be supporting Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
      haye beat the best at CW and unfied the division, there was no-one else left for him to fight.

does anyone seriously think that the chinny steve cunningham would have survived with haye?

anyways it wouldn't surprise me if haye would go and fight a smart counterpunching fight and not make it a brawl, alot of people are expecting haye to come out fight toe-to-toe but i think haye might surprise us all with a measured approach
      This is the fight Haye needs to fight. He has the speed advantage. Play it like the Enzo fight and try to counter Wlad. It will work (in my opinion) as Wlad is very caucious in the early rounds, he throws no right hands, all he has to do is just counter one of his jabs. He can also uses feints to his advantage which will catch out Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
        Bull****.

The only fight in which he was booed was the Ibragimov fight in New York, which was very similar to the Ibragimov-Briggs fight which people also booed. It was boring not because of Wlad, but because of Ibragimov's defense-first style.

Some people jump on any excuse to hate Wladimir.
        I'm no Wlad hater but in that fight he barely threw a right hand...

Ibragimov was out of his depth but Wlad wouldn't go in for the kill - he looked tentative, spent most of his time slapping down the Russian's jab and refused to go on the offensive. Just Jab-jab-jab-jab.

Wlad is a safety first fighter - a bit like Floyd Jr - and there's nothing wrong with that, just don't act all surprised that he's not loved for it.

And I expect Haye to have a far more intelligent gameplan than Manny predicts - whether he can stick to it is another matter. Watch out for body punches from Haye... he has a viscious body punch and I doubt Wlad will have had too many oppononts target his mid-section.

We'll know in the first round how this one will pan out - if Wlad's jab buzzes Haye he will have to try and wildly force the KO. If he can take the first few jabs then we could be in for a very, very interesting fight.

Comment

Haye's chin is not bad like people make it out to be. It's the temple shots that get him. A jab from Wlad on the chin will be fine. A right hand on the chin will wobble him but Wlad would still have to finish him off.

Watch Haye's fights before you call him chinny.

Comment

Wlad's style is anything but exciting. Jab your way to victory with roughly one right hand per round. His defense against Rahman put me to sleep.

Everyone knows he could have gotten "Sultan" Barney Rubble out of there early, but he didn't. I really want Haye to win (even though he'll probably lose) if only because he's bringing excitement to the heavyweight division once more.

Comment

Originally posted by vercingetorix3 View Post
              I really want Haye to win (even though he'll probably lose) if only because he's bringing excitement to the heavyweight division once more.
              But Steward said in that interview that they are looking for exciting fights against Haye, Povetkin, and Arreola. And Vitali's in the picture, as well. So regardless of who wins, we should expect better Heavyweight fights in the future. Now if only we could get rid of the Valuev-Chagaev-Ruiz debacle!

Comment

This fight is interesting in many ways. Haye certainly doesn't deserve the fight if you go by heavyweight records. I give little creedence to his cruiserweight title as his list of foes are NOT impressive at all , come on!! Cruiserweight was developed for heavyweights who were to small or not good enough to fight in the heavyweight division. Klitchko has more knockout against better competition than Haye has fights all together against no name small fighters or fighter way past their prime. Come to think about it he was knocked out by some old cruiserweight. Can Haye punch against old little guys? yup!! Can he knock out a much bigger REAL heavyweight ?? We'll have to wait and see. The only thing that makes this fight even the least bit interesting is Klitchko's lack of ring activity. If Klitchko has been active Haye would be nothing more than a sparring partner

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                  Bull****.

The only fight in which he was booed was the Ibragimov fight in New York, which was very similar to the Ibragimov-Briggs fight which people also booed. It was boring not because of Wlad, but because of Ibragimov's defense-first style.

Some people jump on any excuse to hate Wladimir.
                  Wladimir being boring at this stage is pretty much a fact to all but his band of Huggers. Vitali on the other hand is not boring.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                    This fight is interesting in many ways. Haye certainly doesn't deserve the fight if you go by heavyweight records. I give little creedence to his cruiserweight title as his list of foes are NOT impressive at all , come on!! Cruiserweight was developed for heavyweights who were to small or not good enough to fight in the heavyweight division. Klitchko has more knockout against better competition than Haye has fights all together against no name small fighters or fighter way past their prime. Come to think about it he was knocked out by some old cruiserweight. Can Haye punch against old little guys? yup!! Can he knock out a much bigger REAL heavyweight ?? We'll have to wait and see. The only thing that makes this fight even the least bit interesting is Klitchko's lack of ring activity. If Klitchko has been active Haye would be nothing more than a sparring partner
                    Is that why cruiserweight was developed? I thought it was developed b/c you can't just have a 22 lbs gap in weight classes?! Atleast you're creative. Yes and the only reason we have Junior Middleweights is for all those Middleweights who are too small or weak to fight at middleweight....= Nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by jisi View Post
                      Steward is right and Wladimir will win by KO.
                      Wlad may (or may not) win by KO, but Steward's analysis of Haye's likely game plan is way off the mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X