Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather KO's or destroys Marquez at 144

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid win for Mayweather if that's the case and it sets up a bigger showdown with Pacquiao. I still believe that Floyd would have more credible wins fighting the top welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
      So Pacquiao is lame for not being able to knock him out in 2 different fights; or is this just a standard reserved for Floyd?

There's a chance the fight gets stopped from Marquez taking too much punishment or maybe getting held up on the ropes; but no way he eats a 10 count from PBF.
      The size difference is a big factor for this fight. Pac never did KO Marquez but knocking him down 4 times in 2 fights sounds very impressive and remember they are almost the same size. Now we all know Mayweather is the bigger man he should knock Marquez out or atleast knock Marquez 3-4 times or else Pac will laugh at his ****.

Comment

Originally posted by yeks View Post
        a PBF win is expected on this bout. he is the overwhelming favorite on this one. the odds would be on his side and a boxing clinic would not be enough for the fight fans. a couple of knockdowns would be good but if he ended it below 6, that would be great.
        JMM is a slow starter and PBF must capitalize on that. ending it inside six would be very impressive regardless of what haters say. JMM agreed to fight at 144 and there should be no excuse IF ever he losses.
        Floyd actually became a slow starter towards the end of his career. It will be interesting if he can turn back the clock.

Comment

if floyd ko's marquez at 144 and dominates, means nothing, especially when floyd has all the advantages.................

if i remember there were others calling out floyd that are closer to his size and weight. why come out of retirement for marquez? oh, i know, it's because floyd is able to have all the advantages with minimal risk.

bigger great guy beats the smaller great guy, every time. to make things fair, why wouldn't floyd fight at 140? marquez just moved up to 135 and now is going to 147???(basically) seems like total crap to me. seems like someone is ****ting in my mouth and calling it a sunday with this........

Comment

Originally posted by FasTHarD View Post
            The size difference is a big factor for this fight. Pac never did KO Marquez but knocking him down 4 times in 2 fights sounds very impressive and remember they are almost the same size. Now we all know Mayweather is the bigger man he should knock Marquez out or atleast knock Marquez 3-4 times or else Pac will laugh at his ****.
            Just because you are the bigger man doesn't mean you are guaranteed a KO or should be able to KO someone that has never been KO'd.

Pac is a power puncher, no?

Is Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
              Floyd actually became a slow starter towards the end of his career. It will be interesting if he can turn back the clock.
              towards the end of his career means that it is the time where he is already fighting people who is "naturally" bigger than him.
              round 1 would be a "feel" round for both guys and i believe round 2 is the time where PBF SHOULD impose his will. he would definitely feel that he is the bully and he can take the small mans best shot.

Comment

Originally posted by FasTHarD View Post
                This is gonna' get old fast. Seriously, Mayweather is not much larger than Marquez. And more over, Mayweather doesn't eve bulk up on fight night. He usually puts on just a couple of pounds at most come fight night whereas every other fighter will put on more. Weight, while to Mayweather's advantage in this fight, is not worth discussing beyond a footnote.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                  if floyd ko's marquez at 144 and dominates, means nothing, especially when floyd has all the advantages.................

if i remember there were others calling out floyd that are closer to his size and weight. why come out of retirement for marquez? oh, i know, it's because floyd is able to have all the advantages with minimal risk.

bigger great guy beats the smaller great guy, every time. to make things fair why would floyd fight at 140? marquez just moved up to 135 and now is going to 147???(basically) seems like total crap to me. seems like someone is ****ting in my mouth and calling it a sunday with this........
                  Because Floyd wants Pac and Pac wants Floyd. Pac mentioned to Freddie Roach that he wanted Floyd.....so why not make that fight?

Why JMM?

Because Pac slapped Floyd twice with his KO wins over Oscar and Hatton. JMM troubled Pac in two fights and some think he won not only one, but both. And he is rated #2 P4P. So, if Floyd fights him and wins, especially by KO, it's a slap back at Pac and helps move some chips towards his size of the table as well as promotion for the fight.
                  Without JMM, Floyd only carries the "Was P4P #1." He needs JMM to get to Pac.

For his size? What size are we talking about? Floyd is under 150 come fight-night yet the rest of the WW blow up in weight. If anything, the people his size are more the JrWW, like Pac {147+}, Hatton {150+}, etc.
                  Floyd just doesn't like to cut weight for the scales. But yes, he did fight in the WW division before he retired.

Comment

Originally posted by yeks View Post
                    towards the end of his career means that it is the time where he is already fighting people who is "naturally" bigger than him.
                    round 1 would be a "feel" round for both guys and i believe round 2 is the time where PBF SHOULD impose his will. he would definitely feel that he is the bully and he can take the small mans best shot.
                    We'll see, but I'm not sold on Floyd right now.

He is going to have to break JMM down and go for the KO.

If he goes in there and just does enough to win...he should go back into retirement because it means he doesn't want to fight.

Good points though

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                      I'm not so sure Floyd knocks JMM out. Juan might go down, but he tends to get back up....and adjusts. He went through two fights with Pac and took big shots and wasn't knocked out.

Floyd's going to have to be cautious with JMM counters since he puts combinations together.
                      that's one of JMM's assets he recovers very quickly ...

I am keenly waiting for this fight and I am expecting a good technical fight to a great fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X