Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Pacquiao taking a gamble in training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Pacquiao taking a gamble in training?

After watching countless hours of footage in the build up to this fight, 24/7, Sky's studio countdown, various interviews etc. I notice that Roach and Co seem to be expecting Hatton to "revert back to his old ways".

Watching 24/7, they seem to be training for the inevitable Hatton rough housing, bullying tactics.

Isn't it too much of a gamble to concentrate most of your training on an assumption that your opponent even denies? What if Hatton pressures forward but uses angles instead of wrapping his arms around Pac? Something old Floyd and Ricky both agree on, and have obviously trained for.

Malignaggi and a lot of people in these forums were taken by surprise the same way. A lot of people thought Malignaggi would simply tame Hatton as he charged forward, but it was in fact Malignaggi that was out boxed. I know Malignaggi is not Pacman, but I'm making the point that camps assume the wrong things and trrain for the wrong fight.

Should Roach really be concentrating so much on Hatton and his past wrestling style fights?

Originally posted by -X- View Post
    After watching countless hours of footage in the build up to this fight, 24/7, Sky's studio countdown, various interviews etc. I notice that Roach and Co seem to be expecting Hatton to "revert back to his old ways".

Watching 24/7, they seem to be training for the inevitable Hatton rough housing, bullying tactics.

Isn't it too much of a gamble to concentrate most of your training on an assumption that your opponent even denies? What if Hatton pressures forward but uses angles instead of wrapping his arms around Pac? Something old Floyd and Ricky both agree on, and have obviously trained for.

Malignaggi and a lot of people in these forums were taken by surprise the same way. A lot of people thought Malignaggi would simply tame Hatton as he charged forward, but it was in fact Malignaggi that was out boxed. I know Malignaggi is not Pacman, but I'm making the point that camps assume the wrong things and trrain for the wrong fight.

Should Roach really be concentrating so much on Hatton and his past wrestling style fights?
    great points.
    altho you better believe both will make adjustments in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by steelhead View Post
      great points.
      altho you better believe both will make adjustments in the ring.
      Oh no doubt, i think with Floyd Sr anyone that still thinks all Hatton is gonna do is wrestle is in for a huge surprise.

Comment

It's a possibility. But i'm sure they trained for the best possible ricky hatton ever.
        Maan pacman trains as if he's facing some divine boxing god. Dont worry. I think the man's more than ready for what ever creature there's waiting for him in the ring come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by moin126 View Post
          It's a possibility. But i'm sure they trained for the best possible ricky hatton ever.
          Maan pacman trains as if he's facing some divine boxing god. Dont worry. I think the man's more than ready for what ever creature there's waiting for him in the ring come fight night.
          He better be ready or else sionara

Comment

the one that they put on 247 is just for the show...247 crew is not allowed inside the gym if they're perfecting their strategies...

Comment

Incredible post.....

Comment

Oh no doubt, i think with Floyd Sr anyone that still thinks all Hatton is gonna do is wrestle is in for a huge surprise.
                I think the #1 surprise come fight night will be when Pacman feels Ricky's power. Pacman has never fought anyone with Hatton's power. Cotto battered Malignaggi to a UD and Hatton not only stopped him but rocked and wobbled him badly as early as the first 3 rounds (I forget which round it was in particular when Hatton with 1 punch very badly put Malignaggi on queer street). This should give you an idea of Hatton's power. Pacman on the other hand doesn't hit nearly as hard as people think, at least not at 140lbs. DLH was eating his punches and walking through them, they only did accumulated damage.
                Ricky on the other hand walked through Tszyu's punches who is arguably the hardest hitter at 140 in history.
                Moral of the story is I think when Pacman sees that Ricky is walking through his punches like they're nothing and then when Pacman feels Ricky's power for the first time, especially to the body (Pacman has a tendency to often hold his gloves up very high and expose his body), he will begin to doubt his ability to win the fight and Ricky will KTFO him.

Comment

Likewise, Hatton has probably trained mainly on slipping Pacquiao's left.

GREAT! I hope so.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                    Likewise, Hatton has probably trained mainly on slipping Pacquiao's left.

GREAT! I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                    X