Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the current number 1 Welterweight in the world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto, based on the fact that he beat Mosely. You could make a case that Mosely destroyed Margarito, but I would rather base my opinion on head to head results.

To be fair, I would agree to them being tied for the top spot. They should fight again.

Comment

Ranking wise is Mosley, But Cotto is the best WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Piggu View Post
        I'd have to say Mosley. Mosley versus Cotto was incredibly close, Cotto got his ass beat by Margarito, and Mosley crushed him.

Edit: Until someone proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Antonio Margarito used plaster against Cotto, Cotto's loss to Margarito is a legitimate knockout.
        Don't have to prove it, Margarito already admitted he didn't know his trainer was wrapping his hands like that. Which means this has been going on for awhile now. But I do think Margarito knew that he was cheating, and just wanted to put the blame on his trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
          When I read that, I discontinued reading.
          First of all, you are obviously biased because of your avy.

Secondly, do you really think that knowing you will be thrown out of boxing doesnt effect your concentration and focus in the ring?

I am not trying to discredit mosley, he looked great, but that wasnt the 100% ready plastered up Margarito that cintron and cotto faced.

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
            I am not trying to discredit mosley

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
            Mosley's win could have been due to Margarito being psyched out after being found out for his crimes before the fight. Also, Mosley is very old and its just a matter of time before he fizzles out.

Comment

love both no ****

Comment

Going with Shane Mosley for dominating Margarito with an effective strategy and also given that although he lost the fight with Cotto, it was a pretty close decision.

Comment

Margarito tried to use plaster against an old man and yet some of you still think he would not have tried to use it against a young cotto.

I wonder why the bricks had blood on them? Was he using the bricks for sparring or were these the bricks they used in the Cotto fight, saved them and were going to use them again in to Mosley fight? Sounds about right to me.

So who is number one? It's a toss up based on circumstaces but both are very good and are up there.

Comment

The fact that you gave only 2 options when this isn't a for sure thing shows blatant bias.

Dumb thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ACHlLLES View Post
                      Don't have to prove it, Margarito already admitted he didn't know his trainer was wrapping his hands like that. Which means this has been going on for awhile now. But I do think Margarito knew that he was cheating, and just wanted to put the blame on his trainer.

WOW that is a very good point you have brought up. My point was, why did the bricks already have blood on them if this was the first time? Based on what you have said, put two and two together and Margarito is guilty as a mofo'

Comment

Working...
                      X