No announcement yet.

American fans, stop being bitter, Carl Froch is a good fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
    I would say you have to be special to beat Jermaine Taylor. BHop couldn't, Winky couldn't, Lacy couldn't. How is he not special? I'd say the fact that he is technically flawed and still manages to be so good is something very special.
    Let me point out that those wins (Hopiknis, Wright) were all prior to Jermain getting his jaw cracked by Pavlik. The win (Lacy) tome proved nothing since I believe ho fought a very game man but that man was also damaged goods. Lacy has not been able to throw his best punch since he had surgery on hs left shoullder. thus taking the LEFT HOOK from the LEFT HOOK...Froch beat a Jermain Taylor who has lost his cofidence and is questioning his own ability. I think a good counter puncher with deffense would pick Froch apart all night long. Good win for Froch but I still don't think Froch si very good at all...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by DeafCon View Post
      Taylor was our best Super Middleweight.
      I don't know who "our" is but it isn't Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
        Bhop shouldv Winky shouldv but in boxing sadly thers something called "robberies" and Taylor has been in favor of these on more than one occasion. Froch just accomplished something Kelly did in 5 rounds less in Taylors best weight, and when he was undefeated
        except Pavlik was never getting outclassed besides the KD Frotch was getting outclassed for most of the ****in fight.
        Those fights were not robberies. The Winky fight was a draw, I've watched it like 4 times. And with the BHop fights, people just can't get over the fact that he didn't do enough to win, just like the Calzaghe fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorruel View Post
          Bhop shouldv Winky shouldv but in boxing sadly thers something called "robberies" and Taylor has been in favor of these on more than one occasion. Froch just accomplished something Kelly did in 5 rounds less in Taylors best weight, and when he was undefeated
          except Pavlik was never getting outclassed besides the KD Frotch was getting outclassed for most of the ****in fight.
          Get off the haterade.

Comment

Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
            Who was the #1 American SMW in most people's eyes before the fight? Don't give me some prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
              He is the best ranked Super Middleweight in the US.

Comment

It's a shame he wasn't allowed to get a few extra blows in at the end of the fight.

A British fighter with a American fatality on their record could really do a lot for the sport.

Comment

So funny that I made a thread about Americans being bitter and degrading Taylor for their own purposes. Then a few pages in, that's exactly what it is. "Taylor was never that good", "He got gift decisions", "His jaw was already cracked".

Listen I bet on Taylor and paid my bets, why do you think Calzaghe is in my avatar? Stop bashing Taylor to lessen the value of Froch's win.

I don't do this ever, but some of you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                    Who was the #1 American SMW in most people's eyes before the fight? Don't give me some prospect.
                    In most people's minds Taylor is Pavlik's *****..He's not at the top of anything.

He's been old news since getting stomped by Pavlik.

Since Dawson is back at 168 I'd say Chad is the Top guy.

If Taylor is the Top for simply moving up..then Chad is the top for simply moving down.

Comment

Originally posted by luckylefty731 View Post
                      Let me point out that those wins (Hopiknis, Wright) were all prior to Jermain getting his jaw cracked by Pavlik. The win (Lacy) tome proved nothing since I believe ho fought a very game man but that man was also damaged goods. Lacy has not been able to throw his best punch since he had surgery on hs left shoullder. thus taking the LEFT HOOK from the LEFT HOOK...Froch beat a Jermain Taylor who has lost his cofidence and is questioning his own ability. I think a good counter puncher with deffense would pick Froch apart all night long. Good win for Froch but I still don't think Froch si very good at all...Lefty
                      He seemed pretty confident for most of the fight. Actually Jermaine Taylor from 1-6 looked about as good as I've seen in a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X