Froch has one ugly style

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe90210 View Post
    the guy looks like he's staring at the floor while he's fighting lol
    Probably because he's keeping his chin down.

If you're gonna come in against a guy with both fast hands, good defence AND power with basically no guard, I suppose the least Carl thinks he should do is hide his chin somewhat lol

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
      Davros, you should be watching ballet if you enjoy that!
      Not really to be honest i love watching fighters slip punches throw counters have good footwork have good head movement etc etc, i enjoying watching a skilled fighter perform, if i just wanted to see 2 tough men hit each other i would just go to my local bar there are always fights in there, this wasn't a hate thread against Froch he is very effective in his own way and in his own way has some skills.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        No he isn't pleasing on the eye.
        I agree, his last fight was against a guy who took the fight on 12 days notice or something. In this fight, Taylor had him dominated the entire fight up until like rd 10 or so. He started to slack off and let Froch gain ground I don't know what his deal is. He gives up for some reason when he had the fight in the bag.

That 12th rd was disgusting and reminded me of the first Pavlik fight. On the other hand, good win for Froch, he looks ugly though and Taylor should have owned him the entire fight.....dunno what happened there.

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
          Its strange in a way he was involved in a great fight against Pascal and another good fight against Taylor, but he has one ugly style he seems to have no rhythm to his work at all his punches and the way he moves just looks so awkward, this isn't meant as a hate thread as i have really enjoyed his last 2 fights and he is one tough fighter with a great chin and power just an observation more than anything else.
          its ugly and awkward, but i guess it works

Comment

Its not pretty but its effective.I have always respected rather than rated him as a fighter even if his style isnt my cup of tea,and he has been involved in two high drama fights against very good opposition recently.Fair play to him.I just hope he keeps his opposition level up.

Comment

Originally posted by DavrosPremuleas View Post
              Its strange in a way he was involved in a great fight against Pascal and another good fight against Taylor, but he has one ugly style he seems to have no rhythm to his work at all his punches and the way he moves just looks so awkward, this isn't meant as a hate thread as i have really enjoyed his last 2 fights and he is one tough fighter with a great chin and power just an observation more than anything else.
              Truly awful!! Never watch him again.. Nothing worse than a loser that bores the piss out of you....

Comment

Working...
              X