Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't seen much of Carl Froch so Froch fans, what tools does he have?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power, Heart and Chin. Apart from that he doesn't have much else that stands out.

Comment

Watch Froch/Pascal if you can. Contender for fight of 2008 (although not the years best)

Like everbody else has stated, great chin, great heart, his power is great although not tested at the highest level. Throws punches from all angles although not quick. Good jab when he uses it to dictate a fight.

His biggest negative is a lacklustre defense. He blocks with his face. Although lately in training he seems to be holding his arms up. I think he know how dangerous Taylor is, so he will be 100% focused to win.

Comment

Taylor will make easy work of him if he fully utilises his very good jab, and actually uses some lateral movement

I'm not fully convinced he will be able to maintain that for a full, furious 12 rounds myself

Comment

I'm not a great fan tbh but he's never been down in the amatuers or the pros , but we know he's not been in with the class of Taylor's opponents .

Comment

Originally posted by Butterball View Post
            I can't imagine him quitting... he's got a "dog" in him, the x factor, the fighting instinct.

I'd say his best qualities are chin and power. He'd also have the edge in stamina (though against Jermain that's not difficult).
            But does he have the feet?

Comment

Taylor will be quicker, that's for sure.

Comment

im saying it now pavlik ruined taylor
                froch is nothing special but he will defeat taylor in hostile territory

Comment

I wrote a blog on Carl a few months back...

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/blog.php?b=89

A lot of people have been ripping Carl on here, but to take a fight against Taylor in the US for his first defence is admirable.

Comment

Working...
                  X