Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if YOU had a vote..would gatti,tarver get into the hall of fame??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    How is winning championships not contributing to the sport?

You're making this a popularity contest. Put in guys that are trainers and donated money to the sport, but don't act like Gatti did anything to merit being great.

He entertained people. so frickin what. Emmanuel Augustus does too.

But Tarver's accomplishhments in the ring dwarf Gatti's and you know it.

Sure, I agree, Tarver's wins are definately better than Gatti's.

What I am saying is that an assessment of resumes is not necessarily the only thing that is used to determine worthiness for inclusion.

Comment

i agree Gatti should get in cause what he has done. some of the most exciting fights ever and gave the fans what they wanted. Tarver i guess also but i would think he'd take longer to get in. i think ya can take both aspects of it to put someone in. what a fighter has done for the sport(Gatti) and accomplishments/level of competition a fighter has beat(Tarver).

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        I'm not saying Tarver does not belong in there. he has some good accomplishments. I can guarantee you though that in 20 years, Gatti will still be remembered. Will Tarver be remembered?

The Hall of fame does base inductee's on accomplishments also. It is just not tied exclusively to that one area though. Gatti is the warrior poster boy, with a heart 10 miles high. That is the type of fighter who gets remembered more fondly than anyone. Tarver accomplished a lot, but he never grabbed the limelight like Gatti did.
        deanrw, what do u think of Manfredo fighting Smitchet? he left the Contender.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          I'm not saying Tarver does not belong in there. he has some good accomplishments. I can guarantee you though that in 20 years, Gatti will still be remembered. Will Tarver be remembered?

The Hall of fame does base inductee's on accomplishments also. It is just not tied exclusively to that one area though. Gatti is the warrior poster boy, with a heart 10 miles high. That is the type of fighter who gets remembered more fondly than anyone. Tarver accomplished a lot, but he never grabbed the limelight like Gatti did.

If it was one or the other, I would take Tarver all day. But it's not like it's the baseball hall fame, they tend to throw a lot of guys in there so maybe both can get in.

But the only thing that kind of irritates me, is that Gatti with all his limelight, didn't have half the skills of Tarver, and just because he warred with a guy that many beat, and was a poster boy for middling blood and guts fighter doesn't mean he's great
          I can''t buy that emotionalism.
          And just because people hate Tarver, doesn't mean they shouldn't respect him and realize he fought everyone and always finished his fights on his feet.

And Tarver fought everyone. Yeah he lost, but he always lasted.

I

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
            deanrw, what do u think of Manfredo fighting Smitchet? he left the Contender.
            Well smitchet gave Duddy hell. He is a decent fighter, but I think Manfredo decisions him.

Comment

no to both

Comment

Tarver actually had skills.

Comment

why would tarver get into the hall of fame lol

Comment

Working...
                  X