Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't make sense to me. You acknowledge Floyd Mayweather as the best P4P YET! JMM..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM has always been a *****...he issued a challenge and he wants the the other party to fight at his terms.

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
      There's something inconsistent at play here.

Hatton should stay at 140, come in at 154, and fight smaller guys.

Gatti was at 140, weighing 155+...no complaints.

Pavlik should stay at 160, and have the size advantage.

Williams, who makes 147 comfortably, should move up.

Mayweather, who wants to fight guys his size, should not.
      Just an observation.
      Well said man. People are bitchin about 4-5 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
        ain't willing to prove he is the better fighter by taking the fight regardless of weight. Haye is a GREAT example. He is willin to face Wlad, even though he'll have to rematch him and face his brother. Seriously, why would anyone want to miss out on an opportunity like this.

JMM called him out! You want to jump at greatness, then how far is JMM willin to jump?
        Why does Floyd campaign as a welterweight when all he wants is guys at 135 and 140? If you're a welterweight, fight welterweights. If you want to fight Lightweights and JWWs, fight there. Why should JMM have to jump 12 pounds to fight Floyd? Why can't Floyd have the fight at 140 or a catchweight? Marquez is already going up five pounds so I don't see why Floyd can't spare a few pounds.

Comment

By your logic, Hopkins should be an easier fight for Mayweather right? He is after all beneath Marquez.. why not fight him? or why not fight Ivan Calderon? He is ranked in the top ten.

P4P rankings don't justify fights and you know this..

This is just another excuse so your boy can get off easy. Juan Manuel Marquez was barely @ 135 a year ago and now you want him to fight a welterweight?
          I don't understand how EVERYTHING Mayweather does is justafiable to you guys..
          The guy literally walks on water for y'all.

Comment

Well said man. People are bitchin about 4-5 lbs
            That's why it should be at a catchweight. Not like there's going to be straps on the line anyway.

When Manny and Oscar fought, Manny went up 12 pounds and DLH went down 7. Why can't Floyd give a few pounds to make the fight? Do you honestly believe he can't make 140 comfortably?

Comment

Gotta disagree on that. Pac hasn't proven himself over 130, infact...JMM has proven himself more over 130.
              Well yea I'm going to have to disagree with you there too.

Pac fought in 3 different weight classes in one year against top names of the sport. Were Diaz and Oscar his toughest fights? Nah, but his performance is what makes people believe he can perform anywhere from 140-147 now. A lot of people overlook what he did in the Oscar fight and make the excuse of the weight drain which gives me even more reasoning to how surprised people will be with Pacquiao come May 2nd against Hatton.

Marquez beating Juan Diaz IMO was big too. Diaz was much younger and had JMM in trouble early in the fight. For JMM to come back and get a KO victory over a guy like Diaz says something.

I think you're basing it on a technicality on Pac not fighting a Valero, Bradley, or anyone who people believe will give him a tough time. But the reality is (just like many other high profile fighters who people love to death on here), the fights financially made no sense in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                Why does Floyd campaign as a welterweight when all he wants is guys at 135 and 140? If you're a welterweight, fight welterweights. If you want to fight Lightweights and JWWs, fight there. Why should JMM have to jump 12 pounds to fight Floyd? Why can't Floyd have the fight at 140 or a catchweight? Marquez is already going up five pounds so I don't see why Floyd can't spare a few pounds.
                Then he shouldn't have called him out. JMM is even lucky to get a fight against Floyd Mayweather. Seriously, a win over Floyd Mayweather would increase his status a TON Either take it or leave it

Comment

Face it, bro.. you are afraid that he will lose if he faces a welterweight and Mayweather is too. This is the only reason we are having this discussion.

Comment

Then he shouldn't have called him out. JMM is even lucky to get a fight against Floyd Mayweather. Seriously, a win over Floyd Mayweather would increase his status a TON Either take it or leave it
                    he already left it...

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                      That's why it should be at a catchweight. Not like there's going to be straps on the line anyway.

When Manny and Oscar fought, Manny went up 12 pounds and DLH went down 7. Why can't Floyd give a few pounds to make the fight? Do you honestly believe he can't make 140 comfortably?
                      I'm tellin people, Floyd WILL NOT fight at a catch weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X