Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who on this list wouldn't be able to take that Holt Punch that landed on Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D3adpool View Post
    tim bradley cant handle big shots, good recovery....but hes like marquez to me

Comment

Bradley has a glass jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
        Cotto at 140 was never solid in the chin. That was a tremendous shot that had me and my wife looking like Craig and Smokey saying, "DAAAAMMM".

For him to get up, realize he was dazed and take a knee to compose himself, was incredibly impressive for someone who had never been knocked down before.
        Cotto has been cracked that hard before, wobbled, dropped but came back.
        I think any of those guys could recover from it.. if I had to chose it would be Pacquiao or Hatton though.
        spec. since Pacquiao isn't used to that weight or that power..

Comment

I don't see Holt gettin a KO on any of those guys.

Comment

I voted Cotto especially if it was at 140 since he had a more suspect chin at that weight. The weight class were he was rocked by Corley and suffered a knock down at the hands of Torres.

Comment

All of those would be able to take that punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                Cotto has been cracked that hard before, wobbled, dropped but came back.
                I think any of those guys could recover from it.. if I had to chose it would be Pacquiao or Hatton though.
                spec. since Pacquiao isn't used to that weight or that power..
                At 140, Miguel was never cracked that hard, not even by Torres. The Torres knockdown was more of a push when he was wobbled.

That was a ridiculously sick shot that dropped Bradley.

Comment

on that list the guy with the supsect chin is pacquiao....and tim bradley has such a glass jaw i can see right through it like a brand new window

Comment

Originally posted by J.B.moneY. View Post
                    on that list the guy with the supsect chin is pacquiao....and tim bradley has such a glass jaw i can see right through it like a brand new window
                    Hatton got ko'd by floyd, was that only because he fought at 147? Floyd has known hand problems his entire career, his hands are glass and his glass hands shattered hattons chin.

Comment

I don't think any of them, apart from Mayweather, would have survived it. I don't think people realise just what a shot that was. They may have gotten up but they would have too messed up to go on. Very few people can get back up from a really hard left hook right on the chin while you are throwing your own left hook. You can't see it and your head/chin is turning straight into it.

You can't be hit by a more powerful shot. Everything is working against you. His punch, your head momentum and the fact you can't see it and are committed to throwing your own punch.

Pac would have been out, Hatton would have been out and Cotto would have been out. Mayweather has a very strong chin so I'm not sure. He would have gone down but would have probably gotten back up. I don't think anyone in the 140 pound division would have gotten up so easily as that. Even if they did get up they would have been seriously messed up.

Anyone thinking a fighter doesn't go down from that shot is straight up ****ing daft.
                      Last edited by BennyST; 04-05-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X