Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edison Miranda vs Andre Ward May 16th!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's a big step up. If Andre can out box him and stay away from that power, he should be able to take him by UD. This is a dangerous opponent for Ward. I hope it gets confirmed. I'd love to see this fight. I'm a fan of both.

Comment

Good fight...Ward needs to step up! I could see Ward stinking out the joint en route to a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
        yeah ward by ud, too good too slick for miranda
        I really hope and expect Ward to come out on top, but he does get hit too, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if the fight happens

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Although Miranda may have some shortcomings, you gotta admire the fact that he's never ducked anyone and is always looking for the next big fight...
          Not only has he never ducked anyone, but he is willing to fight anywhere at anytime. Unlike most top fighters that fight 1-3 times a year, Pantera fights whenever someone gives him the chance. 2 years ago he fought Abraham, Gibbs, Green and Pavlik in a period of less than 8 months! And these 4 guys only had 1 loss between them at the time!

Now Andre Ward (undefeated, gold medalist) wants to fight him in his backyard with just over a 6 weeks notice and Pantera grabs the opportunity.

That's why I love the guy. He is what boxing needs.
          Last edited by Pantera2000; 04-04-2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Yeah Ward is the more skilled boxer but I'm surprised so many pick him to beat Miranda. Ward hasn't fought anyone as good as Miranda before. This is a big step up and I'm not sure he can deal with Miranda's strength and power.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
              Yeah Ward is the more skilled boxer but I'm surprised so many pick him to beat Miranda. Ward hasn't fought anyone as good as Miranda before. This is a big step up and I'm not sure he can deal with Miranda's strength and power.
              Most of the fighters Miranda has faced in the past 3 years would have beaten everyone Ward has faced as of yet!
              Last edited by Pantera2000; 04-04-2009, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantera2000 View Post
                Not only has he never ducked anyone, but he is willing to fight anywhere at anytime. Unlike most top fighters that fight 1-3 times a year, Pantera fights whenever someone gives him the chance. 2 years ago he fought Abraham, Gibbs, Green and Pavlik in a period of less than 8 months! And these 4 guys only had 1 loss between them at the time!

Now Andre Ward (undefeated, gold medalist) wants to fight him in his backyard with just over a 6 weeks notice and Pantera grabs the opportunity.

That's why I love the guy. He is what boxing needs.
                You know he ducked Kessler bro. He chose the easier Abrahammer instead.

Comment

Most of the fighters Miranda has faced in the past 3 years would have beaten everyone Ward has faced as of yet!
                  Who was that clown Miranda fought last that had Miranda up against the ropes, and that dude wasn't even a big puncher I think... If I remember correctly, I could be wrong maybe he did have some pop on his punches. Joey something. Miranda stopped him, but he still was up against the ropes from Joey somebody

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    You know he ducked Kessler bro. He chose the easier Abrahammer instead.
                    Cmon Bat, speak the facts:

I will tell you EXACTLY how it went down:

The fight was as good as done. Kessler's team ask for a movie star list of demands, and Miranda's team (wanting the fight so badly) agreed to each and every one. Then, out of nowhere, Palle disappeared and returned no calls, not from Miranda's team, not from HBO. There were deadlines to meet for HBO and they came and went. Sauerland came along during this time and offered for Abraham to come to the States and settle the score. With no Kessler in sight and the deadline passed, Miranda was happy to take this opportunity and signed the deal. After it was publically known that Showtime had sealed the Miranda vs Abraham II deal, Palle shows back up and starts acting like Miranda backed out of the fight with Kessler.

So, you make the call. Was it Kessler ducking Miranda? Or was it Palle ducking the fight? Who knows. But the bottom line is, Miranda wanted that fight and Kessler's team was at fault for it slipping through their hands.

Comment

Cmon Bat, speak the facts:

I will tell you EXACTLY how it went down:

The fight was as good as done. Kessler's team ask for a movie star list of demands, and Miranda's team (wanting the fight so badly) agreed to each and every one. Then, out of nowhere, Palle disappeared and returned no calls, not from Miranda's team, not from HBO. There were deadlines to meet for HBO and they came and went. Sauerland came along during this time and offered for Abraham to come to the States and settle the score. With no Kessler in sight and the deadline passed, Miranda was happy to take this opportunity and signed the deal. After it was publically known that Showtime had sealed the Miranda vs Abraham II deal, Palle shows back up and starts acting like Miranda backed out of the fight with Kessler.

So, you make the call. Was it Kessler ducking Miranda? Or was it Palle ducking the fight? Who knows. But the bottom line is, Miranda wanted that fight and Kessler's team was at fault for it slipping through their hands.
                      Excuse me but I must correct one slight error. It was showtime and not HBO who should televise.

You're right that there have been no public explanation as to why Palle stalled the negotiations the first time. The second time Palle came with HBO, a titlefight and a Florida venue. As far as I know warriors then played 2 horses (Sauerland and Palle) and ditched the Kessler offer in favor of AA.

Moviestar list

I guess I'm still pissed that that fight didn't come about.

BTW Pantera: At what weight will Pantera campaign? Wasn't he fighting at 175+ last time out?

Comment

Working...
                      X