Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Puerto Rican fighter of all time: POLL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion Benitez is without a doubt the most talented fighter ever from PR. We will never know how good he could have been. He had bad training habits along with drug/gambling problems.

Comment

Carlos Quintana.

Comment

I went for Benitez. he had the best wins and accomplished the most...not to mention on his best days he was almost untouchable(unless thrown up against some of the best fighters of all time, who were also bigger than him)

your options are good, but Ill throw a shout out to Carlos Ortiz and Edwin Rosario, who definately should be in the conversation.

just random shout outs to Samuel Serrano, Camacho, Angel Espada, Carlos DeLeon, and Jose Torres, who were all excellent fighters.

Comment

Gomez ruled a division with an iron fist. I'll go with him.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
            Big Pun!!!!
            lmaoooooooooo

Comment

John Ruiz and Kermit Cintron hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                I went for Benitez. he had the best wins and accomplished the most...not to mention on his best days he was almost untouchable(unless thrown up against some of the best fighters of all time, who were also bigger than him)

your options are good, but Ill throw a shout out to Carlos Ortiz and Edwin Rosario, who definately should be in the conversation.

just random shout outs to Samuel Serrano, Camacho, Angel Espada, Carlos DeLeon, and Jose Torres, who were all excellent fighters.
                Edwin Rosario was a very underrated fighter in his day. I thought he beat Macho and that 5th round almost had him out which is very tough to do vs Camacho as we all know.

Edwin just ran into a prime JCC.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                  Edwin Rosario was a very underrated fighter in his day. I thought he beat Macho and that 5th round almost had him out which is very tough to do vs Camacho as we all know.

Edwin just ran into a prime JCC.
                  yup, Roasrio was a sick puncher. ran into drug problems later in his career(and it got worse as his career continued) but was still able to win a title at Light Welterweight over a top 2 or 3 fighter at the time, Loreto Garza.

Camacho himself is pretty underrated. one of the fastest fighters Ive ever seen. so fluid with his punches, I would even go as far to say he was quicker than Ray Leonard with single shots.
                  too bad he completely screwed up his career after the Rosario fight.
                  I also had Rosario beating Camacho.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                    yup, Roasrio was a sick puncher. ran into drug problems later in his career(and it got worse as his career continued) but was still able to win a title at Light Welterweight over a top 2 or 3 fighter at the time, Loreto Garza.

Camacho himself is pretty underrated. one of the fastest fighters Ive ever seen. so fluid with his punches, I would even go as far to say he was quicker than Ray Leonard with single shots.
                    too bad he completely screwed up his career after the Rosario fight.
                    I also had Rosario beating Camacho.
                    Camacho was incredibly talented no doubt, I just hated his personality because he was such a loud mouth. I loved every minute of the JCC fight, he got a serious beating that day.

He reported to his trainer he was pissing blood, I loved it. Especially after all the racist **** he said about Mexicans prior to the fight.

Comment

ima say in 10 years, Miguel Cotto will be mentioned with them, and maybe be the best from PR.

Comment

Working...
                      X