No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson Willing To Replace Hopkins, Fight Adamek

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Johnson Willing To Replace Hopkins, Fight Adamek

One door closes and another door opens. During the last few weeks negotiations were ongoing to make a cruiserweight fight between Tomasz Adamek and Bernard Hopkins for July 11 on HBO. As most know by now, negotiations fell apart when Hopkins refused to budge from the monetary terms that were presented to Adamek's promoter Kathy Duva. Golden Boy Promotions [where Hopkins is a partner] was only offering Adamek a "flat fee" of $500,000. Adamek, and many people in the industry, found the offer insulting. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    One door closes and another door opens. During the last few weeks negotiations were ongoing to make a cruiserweight fight between Tomasz Adamek and Bernard Hopkins for July 11 on HBO. As most know by now, negotiations fell apart when Hopkins refused to budge from the monetary terms that were presented to Adamek's promoter Kathy Duva. Golden Boy Promotions [where Hopkins is a partner] was only offering Adamek a "flat fee" of $500,000. Adamek, and many people in the industry, found the offer insulting. [details]
    I got Johnson

Comment

Potential FOTY right there.

Comment

Adamek KHTFO in 7!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Gotta respect Johnson. He loses though.

Comment

Do that ****!

Comment

Great fight. Make it happen. The Roadwarrior can upset Adamek imo.

Comment

Im probably the only one but I still want to see Hopkins-Adamek. July is still a ways out, so they have time to come to terms.

Comment

i love bhop but johnson vs adamek will be a way better fight, its all about style's and bhop would most likely use his clutching and craftiness against adamek and make it a boring fight, glen on the other hand would fight, and he did get robbed against dawson. adamek vs johnson would be a much better tilt and possibly a great war. i hope we can see that fight go down this summer.
                  Last edited by dsol; 03-27-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Now this would be a great fight...Its be more pleasing to watch (than b-hop-adamek)and it wouldn't cost as much. Some network make this happen!

Comment

Working...
                    X