Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we now say that Vitali Klitscko is a top 5 heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryx View Post
    not a godamn thing..thats blasphemy..holyfield is top 10 heavy alltime..the klits maybe top 20-30
    agreed.......

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
      wow tunney actually acknowledges ali is an ATG heavyweight

not a bad list, but marciano shouldnt be quite so high and no way should wlad and vitali be above holyfield, thats crazy
      Evan Fields name should always be followed by an asterisk.

Having him high on an ATG list is a failure roids or not. He holds the record for losses in titlefights if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Ironfist View Post
        Don't judge boxers by the color of their skin, that's stupid.
        what a dumbass comment man..no 1 even mentioned race

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Having him high on an ATG list is a failure roids or not. He holds the record for losses in titlefights if I remember correctly.
          wonder why he has so many losses???

because he fought everyone until age 46 and hes still going

7 of his 10 losses came after age 37

holyfield is probably one of the only active fighters today to have fought in a 15 rounder

holyfield fought a whos who of the HW division in the 90's, and beat plenty of them, hes also the greatest CW of all time

i was talking boxing with a relative the other week and i mentioned holyfield was still fighting, they said "holy crap i remember watching him fight tyson back in '96, he must be 50 now!"

evander is a true warrior and an ATG

but of course you follow european fighters who have records of like 40-0 without fighting anyone, you wouldnt understand that a fighters record doesnt always tell the full story and that the level of comp and the quality of the fighters you've beat means more than anything, so ill excuse you
          Last edited by KostyaTszyu44; 03-22-2009, 04:01 PM.

Comment

1. Ali
            2. Louis
            3. Holmes
            4. Johnson
            5. Foreman
            6. Lewis
            7. Marciano
            8. Holyfield
            9. Tyson
            10. Frazier

I think there is a big gap between the top 6 and the rest though to be honest.

Comment

holyfield has been heavyweight champ more than any man in the history of the sport

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post

Holyfield lost to Larry Donald, who Vitali won every round against and was the only one to ever stop him. Evander lost to Byrd, who was easily beaten twice by Wladimir, and to Ruiz.

I think Vitali would have defeated a fighter prime Holyfield lost to twice, namely Bowe. It took Bowe much longer to KO Herbie Hide. For certain, either Klitschko would have KOed Moorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Marciano 49-0 View Post
                  Holyfield lost to Larry Donald, who Vitali won every round against and was the first to stop. Evander lost to Byrd, who was easily beaten twice by Wladimir, and to Ruiz.

I think Vitali would have defeated a fighter prime Holyfield lost to twice, namely Bowe. It took Bowe much longer to KO Herbie Hide. For certain, either Klitschko would have KOed Moorer.
                  who beat vitali, haha

holyfield wasnt really prime when he fought bowe dude

and moorer would have probably beaten either klit

and holyfield lost to donald when he was ancient, so just STFU

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
                    wonder why he has so many losses???

because he fought everyone until age 46 and hes still going

7 of his 10 losses came after age 37

holyfield is probably one of the only active fighters today to have fought in a 15 rounder

holyfield fought a whos who of the HW division in the 90's, and beat plenty of them, hes also the greatest CW of all time

i was talking boxing with a relative the other week and i mentioned holyfield was still fighting, they said "holy crap i remember watching him fight tyson back in '96, he must be 50 now!"

evander is a true warrior and an ATG

but of course you follow european fighters who have records of like 40-0 without fighting anyone, you wouldnt understand that a fighters record doesnt always tell the full story and that the level of comp and the quality of the fighters you've beat means more than anything, so ill excuse you
                    You are not judged by who you fight but who you beat. I'll never question Holy's greatness as it's a given but saying that he's top 10 all-time HW is ridiculous. And wheter you like it or not the roid shadow is bearing heavy on his accomplishments and rightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by Marciano 49-0 View Post
                      Holyfield lost to Larry Donald, who Vitali won every round against and was the only one to ever stop him. Evander lost to Byrd, who was easily beaten twice by Wladimir, and to Ruiz.

how old was vitali when he fought donald??and how old was holyfield???bvitali lost to byrd also...holyfield wouldve lost to ross purity either..triangle theory doesnt work tunney..and you know this

Comment

Working...
                      X