Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Floyd Mayweather Considered "so great if he left so early?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dondi330 View Post
    Why is Floyd Mayweather Considered "so great if he left so early?

Cant be because was unbeaten because other fighters could simply quit early while unbeaten. Or was it?

Cant be how he outclassed most of his opponents because pretty much many other fighters have done this and did not leave early(they simply hung around until they lost or fought hard competitive fights). Or was it?

Cant be because of the level of his opponents because again other fighters have beaten some of his competition worse than he did. Or was it?

Or was it simply the "Cash Cow" Factor? Pretty much the same reason people think so highly of Oscar De La Hoya(his money makine ability added to his skill)?

I'm not hating because I actually like Floyd but want to hear the opinions of his fans or non-fans.
    Cuz he's a loud mouth arrogant mother fucker. That's why stans like him. Kinda like wrestling fans. If he was modest and respectable, he wouldn't have half the stans he has now.

Comment

From a business and legacy stand point ...very nice.
      But Im just a fan that wants to see him fight other good-great fighters, or someone that will test him.
      I love boxing more than boxers.
      Who doesnt?

I would love to see Floyd fight every 3 months if he could. Because that means he would fight 4 times a year.

Once Again on this topic,

I think Floyd fans have no problem with floyd fighting Other WW's...
      The problem is that People saying he can ONLY fight Welterweights for it to be a legitimate fight and win, when he himself is not really a welterweight compare to the rest of the welterweights...

• I Didnt see people having a problem with Middleweight Hopkins Fighting a jr.middleweight De La hoya at the time instead of a top middleweight
      • I Didnt see people having with A jr. Middleweight Oscar De La Hoya Fighting a small welterweight in Mayweather at the time instead of a top jr.middleweight
      • I Didnt see people having with Middleweight Marvin Hagler Fighting a jr. Middleweight in Thomas Hearns at the time instead of a top middleweight

Why is that Mosely& Cotto can call out Pacquaio and Hatton but Floyd can't?
      (which he still havent did)

Why cant Floyd fight people his own size and even smaller then him when he himself is a small dude fighting bigger dudes all the time is my point...

People get mad because I apply the standards on other fighters that they apply to Floyd...but my whole thing is dont be a hypocrite.

If you think it is Cool for Pacquaio to fight Hatton...Then you should think it's Cool For Pacquaio to fight Floyd...

If you think It's cool for Floyd to fight Paul Williams, then you should think it's cool for Floyd to fight somebody has tremendous physical advnatages over...

You get my point.... DONT MAKE SPECIAL RULES for Floyd and not everybody else. thats been my problem from day 1.

DOUBLE STANDARDS

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
        Cuz he's a loud mouth arrogant mother fucker. That's why stans like him. Kinda like wrestling fans. If he was modest and respectable, he wouldn't have half the stans he has now.
        I've read that he is really a nice dude in person but just acts up in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Horus View Post
          Who doesnt?

I would love to see Floyd fight every 3 months if he could. Because that means he would fight 4 times a year.

The problem is that People saying he can ONLY fight Welterweights for it to be a legitimate fight and win, when he himself is not really a welterweight compare to the rest of the welterweights...

• I Didnt see people having a problem with Middleweight Hopkins Fighting a jr.middleweight De La hoya at the time instead of a top middleweight
          • I Didnt see people having with A jr. Middleweight Oscar De La Hoya Fighting a small welterweight in Mayweather at the time instead of a top jr.middleweight
          • I Didnt see people having with Middleweight Marvin Hagler Fighting a jr. Middleweight in Thomas Hearns at the time instead of a top middleweight

Why cant Floyd fight people his own size and even smaller then him when he himself is a small dude fighting bigger dudes all the time is my point...

People get mad because I apply the standards on other fighters that they apply to Floyd...but my whole thing is dont be a hypocrite.

If you think it is Cool for Pacquaio to fight Hatton...Then you should think it's Cool For Pacquaio to fight Floyd...

If you think It's cool for Floyd to fight Paul Williams, then you should think it's cool for Floyd to fight somebody has tremendous physical advnatages over...

You get my point.... DONT MAKE SPECIAL RULES for Floyd and not everybody else. thats been my problem from day 1.

DOUBLE STANDARDS

Cause people see he has unbelievable talent and want to face greater adversity compared with above mentioned fighter.I think of it as a compliment rather than a double standard, he also thrashtalk and people want to see him back it up.

Comment

No questioning his greatness?
            I'm no huthugger so I question everything and Im in no cult following of Mayweather....lol
            im in no cult of his either man... but im afarid for all that he has achieved in his 39 fight career, he has become great in a sense that trinidad, whitaker and lennox lewis were great...

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
              im not a massive fan,but if u watch him fight at 130 lbs,the guy is unreal.he hits and doesnt get hit and has truly phenomenal skills and thats why people want 2 c him fight more,and the fact that there r so many opponents out there that make for mouth watering match-ups
              What does that mean thats he's like Pernell Whitaker. You can have great skill, but that means nothing in boxing if you can't beat the best. Shane Mosley has shown good skill and great ability, but he wouldn't have been as popular if he didn't fight the best boxers in the sport.

Floyd Mayweather really never had a big money fight up untill he fought Oscar De La Hoya. Then he really made the spotlight. Before it was more his talking that gave him more recognition. Nobody really knew anything about his opponents untill he fought De La Hoya. Diego Corales got more fame after he fought Jose Luis Castillo. Even though Castillo had been knocked out five times he got fame for that fight.

No ones stays undefeated if they fight the best. Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Sugar Ray Robinson, Pernall Whitaker, Oscar de La Hoya, Shane Mosley. All these fighters displayed speed and many had more pounching power than Mayweather. Great fighters and they all lost.

If you want to give fans a good boxing match you have to do something more than just run, clinch and hold. Boxing wouldn't be the same if every boxer just plays it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                I kind of hear that....Im a yankee fan and I seen that with Bernie Williams, Bernie was great but the Yankees on steroids and big mouths, or tv commercials got the most recognition.

Originally posted by Horus View Post
                Who doesnt?

DOUBLE STANDARDS
                Well to play "devils advocate"...I have seen and heard fans place Floyd on a super pedestal and with that comes great responsibility. If your loud and claiming to be one of the best ever along with your fans , then YES, your standards are different. Its not hypocritical if you yourself creates a expects a higher standard(which he has).

"Why is that Mosely& Cotto can call out Pacquaio and Hatton but Floyd can't?
                (which he still havent did)"
                as for this I just dont get it. Not my thinking. Margarito fought a bigger guy in Williams, Cotto in Margarito, Hoya and Pac, Mosley and Forrest, so whatever.

Comment

Alot overate him like crazy especially Larry X. He;s a good fighter but, he hasn't done **** as of late.

Comment

You are delusional if you think Mayweather would fight more than 2 fights in 1 year......or at least big fights.

Comment

PBF is...

Great = yes indeed. no questions.

on ATG list = yes but not as high at his nuthuggers put him but not as the haters put him.

unbeatable = absolutely not.

Comment

Working...
                      X