Wlad-Haye is close according to Schaefer

Collapse
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • warp1432
    the mailman
    Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
    • Jul 2007
    • 14406
    • 478
    • 347
    • 24,060

    #1

    Wlad-Haye is close according to Schaefer

    Klitschko-Haye, Pavlik-Mora still not done

    The intriguing heavyweight showdown between IBF/WBO titleholder Wladimir Klitschko and former cruiserweight bomber David Haye has still not been finalized, but it’s close, according to Schaefer.

    “I haven’t talked to Shelly Finkel (Klitschko’s U.S. representative) today because he’s in Germany for Vitali’s fight, but we talked yesterday and the deal should be signed and finished any day now,” Schaefer, who represents Haye, said Wednesday.

    The fight is still scheduled for June 20 and Germany is still the leading candidate for a site.

    “England would have worked, too, because David draws well in London but the appropriate venue was not available for June 20,” Schaefer said. “I would have liked to the fight at Madison Square Garden but with Bob (Arum of Top Rank) doing a (Miguel) Cotto show the previous Saturday, that was a problem with the arena.”

    Kelly Pavlik’s talked about middleweight title defense against Sergio Mora is close but still far from a done deal, according to Dunkin, who manages the middleweight champ.

    “We still don’t have a contract, still haven’t sat down with Bob and talked about money,” Dunkin said. “Arum is back in town from the Philippines tomorrow and we’ll talk then. Bob wants Mora as an opponent. He thinks Mora can make for a big main event in Atlantic City and he thinks he can sell Mora to the public.”

    That’s debatable. Mora won the first season of The Contender reality series that was shown on NBC and he shocked the boxing world by upsetting Vernon Forrest for the WBC 154-pound title last year, but most hardcore fans and boxing writers are lukewarm (at best) on the East L.A. native, who looked flat in losing his title to Forrest in their rematch last September.

    The major networks are cold on “The Contender” winner, which is why Pavlik-Mora will headline a Top Rank-produced pay-per-view if it’s made.

    “HBO and Showtime were only interested in Kelly fighting Forrest, which didn’t work out,” said Dunkin. “(John) Duddy wanted too much money. He wanted seven figures, at least $1.5 million, which ain’t happening. (Marco Antonio) Rubio made $350,000 against Kelly. Mora would make a little more, but not much more; that’s why he’s the leading candidate.”
    Glad to see whatever it was, was patched up.
  • MANGLER
    Sex Tape Flop Artist
    Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
    • Feb 2008
    • 30142
    • 1,705
    • 2,355
    • 46,598

    #2
    Sure it is. We've heard this before.

    Comment

    • Steak
      Undisputed Champion
      Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
      • Aug 2006
      • 10713
      • 509
      • 268
      • 17,902

      #3
      thats interesting, HBO and Showtime wanted Kelly to fight Vernon Forrest.

      hey, Id be all for that. screw Mora, what the hell.

      and I think Ill ignore all these 'almost done' reports, weve heard them before. just let me know when its set in stone, and then Ill be happy.
      thumbs down to Arum, hes been screwing up lately.

      Comment

      • Leo Pradun
        Undisputed Champion
        Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
        • May 2005
        • 3853
        • 138
        • 0
        • 10,400

        #4
        Haye needs to realize who hes dealing with here and not act like hes some special crap. If you want to take the chance to fight the champion and the man of the hw division take it or leave it, the champ calls the shots

        Comment

        • S A M U R A I
          Bulletproof
          Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
          • Apr 2008
          • 181694
          • 1,495
          • 1,324
          • 1,419,318

          #5
          Good lord... are they still talking about this? Just sign the ****ing fight and get back to us when it's done.



          100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

          Comment

          • K Larsen
            Up and Comer
            Interim Champion - 1-100 posts
            • Dec 2008
            • 81
            • 2
            • 1
            • 6,482

            #6
            He said it should be signed any day now, so this is going to be a good one. I am really confident that we should get a conformation soon so I will be looking for updates. Its going to be a good fight but Wlad is just going to destroy Haye. Haye is too unproven in the HW division and his punch taking seems weary to me. Although I guess the same can be said for Wlad if Haye was to land a very good punch.

            Comment

            • Piper the Great
              Undisputed Champion
              Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
              • Sep 2007
              • 2325
              • 32
              • 73
              • 9,128

              #7
              bout time wlad stop making excuses.

              Comment

              Working...
              TOP