Collapse
No announcement yet.

mike tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreman, Ali, Liston and prime Holmes I think would have beaten him.

Frazier, Norton etc would likely lose to Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
      Foreman, Ali, Liston and prime Holmes I think would have beaten him.

Frazier, Norton etc would likely lose to Tyson.
      Haven't you been paying attention? Tyson already fought Holmes and knocked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        So you seriously think beating a 38 year old Holmes, at the heaviest weight of his career, coming off a 2 year layoff, means anything? GTFOOH.

Next you'll be telling me Pac stops a 25 year old DLH.
        That's not what i'm saying. Don't put words in my mouth.

The point is, which is the absolute fcukin truth, Tyson knocked Holmes out. Period.

How can you argue that he didn't?

I don't care what the significance is, i don't care who was in what prime, i don't care how old they were, i don't care what the excuses are.

You can't compare what it'd be like if two fighters fought, when they already did in fact fight. It's illogical and fallible. Think with logic please.

What's next? You're gonna tell me time travel is possible on earth?

Comment

There are too many question marks over whether Mike could go into the trenches and come out victorious.

There are no such doubts over Ali, Frazier and even Foreman (think of the fight against Ron Lyle).

A big part of Tyson's armoury was the intimidation factor. Most of his opponents were beaten before they even stepped in the ring by that media-generated aura of "The baddest man on the planet".

Ali, Frazier and Foreman would not be intimidated by him. Sonny Liston certainly wouldn't. Kenny Norton was not far from being a clone of Frazier - so I doubt he would fall victim also.

Larry Holmes I'm not so sure about. Doubtless he had the tools to make Tyson's life a misery, but the cojones ... ?

As for predictions - I think Tyson would lose by KO to Ali near round 9. Against Frazier he would lose by KO near round 11 or on points. Against Foreman - a pick em (it's all about whether Tyson could survive Foreman's huge bombs early on). Vs Liston - Liston by KO round 11. Vs Norton - a draw. Vs Holmes - Tyson KO round 8.

Of the modern fighters - prime vs prime:

Tyson beats Bowe (KO round 6).
          Tyson loses to Lewis. (KO round 10)
          Tyson beats Wlad (KO round 4)
          Tyson loses to Vitali (KO round 8)

Comment

Ill try find it but i read some thing before comparing their punching power....apparently tysons punches werent as hard as foreman, frazier or liston, but because he was so accurate it made up for that

I think Ali would of been able to pick tyson appart, especially back in the day their stamina was way better then it is now....tyson used to get slightly tired around the 9th-10th round especially if he was having a tough fight.

Frazier i think would of been such a good fight....i really dunno who would of won this...

Foreman im really not sure about, depends if tyson could of took the huge punches at the start

but all in all...i think tyson would of fit into the "would have been a top fighter" part, i dont think he would have been the best

Comment

Originally posted by Squabbles94806 View Post
              That was Larry Holmes wasn't it?
              That wasn't a prime Larry Holmes

Comment

I get chills whenever I think about Frazier and Tyson fighting. That would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Haven't you been paying attention? Tyson already fought Holmes and knocked him out.
                  Jim that fight is about as relevant as Ali vs Holmes, Louis vs Marciano or Tyson vs Williams.

Edit

Comment

People, noone doubts that Tyson beat the dog ish out of Larry holmes. We know that. But because he was 38 it means nothing. Get it. It means absolutely nothing. Now, I do believe prime Tyson would still beat Prime Holmes. I think Tyson could of beaten everyone. I think Ali definately could of beaten Tyson too. I put tyson in the one of the best, but I think he would of destroyed Frazier. He and Forman would have been classic. Prime Mike was running 5 miles a day. He didn't get tired. I think he would of KO.d Foreman. Liston would have been obliterated in the first round. As quick as Ali was, remeber Tyson in his own way was just as quick. His side to side movement, hooks to the body, face, and uppercuts were the quickest in heavyweight history. And I heard someone say that Tyson didn't hit as hard as Liston and Frazier. GTFOOH. He was knocking people across the ring, outta the ring, and I heard a dozen boxers immediately after a fight with Tyson say "That was the hardest Ive ever been hit". People are intimidated cause the man is an animal that hits super hard. (The real Mike Tyson died with Cus da Mato.) After Cus died his training dissapeared, and he obviously endured a rapid decline culminating in a loss to Buster Douglass. I don't even want to here about the Tyson that got out of Jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugwump View Post
                      Of the modern fighters - prime vs prime:

Tyson beats Bowe (KO round 6).
                      Tyson loses to Lewis. (KO round 10)
                      Tyson beats Wlad (KO round 4)
                      Tyson loses to Vitali (KO round 8)
                      Tyson lasted till the 10th against Lewis when he was completly shot.

I think he tags Lewis early and has an early night.

Comment

Working...
                      X