No announcement yet.

That fight proved nothing for khan!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That fight proved nothing for khan!!!

Before you start im British, and a Khan fan, but it just annoyed me how Khan was saying "ive shut the critics up"

Sorry but no you havent, all you proved is that you can out box MAB for half a round fairly, after that MAB was more or less blind in one eye, plus having to constantly paw at it

All i think this shows is that MAB has alot od heart to continue with such a big cut.

If khan dominated MAB like he did rounds 2-5 and he didnt have a cut, id say yes you shut the critics up, but the man was practically blind in one eye 90% of the fght so what do you expect!"

Khan has definetly improved on his game plan compared to pre-prescott, but you cant really make a solid judgement against that unfair fight

Just my opinion, dont get why people are now hailing khan a world class champ after winning 4 rounds against a one eyed mab.
    Last edited by sbabbab; 03-15-2009, 08:22 AM.

co signed playa

Comment

Totally agree, this fight doesn't tell us enough. I would like to see a rematch personally, preferably in the U.S...for the laugh

Comment

If He shut the critics up.. why Am I still criticising him and not at all impressed??

Comment

He didnt shut anyone up and he shouldnt be saying stuffs like that, You cant please everyone and you cant shut everyone up even if you're Mike Tyson.

Comment

Khan did look good though to be fair, am I wrong?

Other than that I agree, but I'm pleased with Khans progress as a fighter ...

Comment

It almost looks like it had a negative effect on Khan. Cause he looked like a arm puncher with those uneffective flurries. And he was the only one to get stung in that fight, by a featherweight nonetheless.

I think his speed and footwork should be duely noted though.

Comment

I just rewatched the fight, and remembered 10 seconds before the end of round 2 , mab landed a hook which rocked khan BIGG TIME where he held on for his life.

Comment

Originally posted by sbabbab View Post
                  I just rewatched the fight, and remembered 10 seconds before the end of round 2 , mab landed a hook which rocked khan BIGG TIME where he held on for his life.
                  BULL****. "Held on for his life"'?!! It was a good shot that would have hurt, but he took it well (for a supposedly 'glass chinned' fighter, anyway) and came back punching not clinching. Better and stronger chinned fighters than Khan would have felt that punch, 'featherweight' or not.

FFS, nobody is claiming Khan is a 'world class champ'; he isn't a 'champ' at all. Yet. He proved his critics 'wrong' by coming back after the Prescott fight (and a subsequent non-entity) as obviously a much better boxer and beating a good opponent. That is all.
                  Last edited by The_Visitation; 03-15-2009, 10:12 AM.

Comment

i agree it didn't prove much, if anything (and i was one of the few who maintained this thought pre-fight also)

but to be fair he looked much improved at face value anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X