Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz is boxing's best prospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes going to be something big. especially under golden boy promotions. not to mention that he is already hot talk and not many 22yo boxers have that advantage.

Comment

i hope hatton is still around once Ortiz gets the opportunity to fight him

Comment

Ortiz is good but I can think of better prospects than him. For starters Peterson and Linares are more polished and purer fighters, they are going to have better careers. Of all fighters right now I think Danny Jacobs is going to become the biggest star of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Tunney View Post
          I see a lot of boxing prospects like Gamboa and Khan being hyped, but they have weaknesses and I have serious doubts whether they'll be able to succeed at the highest level.

Of all the young fighters, I think age 22 Victor Ortiz is the best! He showed it once again last night, by quickly and easily taking out a solid, world-class opponent.

Mike Arnaoutis had never been previously stopped, in fact never seriously hurt in a fight. His only two previous losses were a close decisions against Ricardo Torres (most observers thought he won) and Kendall Holt.

With Golden Boy, Ortiz has a promoter that can make the best fights happen for him. I'm hoping he'll be in a title eliminator next fight.

Most of what you said I agree with, but I hope they don't bring him along too
          quickly. He's 22. Seems to me there's plenty of time.

Comment

he looks like he's going to be a special fighter

I wish him the best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              You once said Khan would be the best prospect out of any of them last year before he got KO'd Tunney.
              I don't remember ever saying Khan was the best prospect, but I did think at one time he had potential.

Ortiz would starch Khan in round one!

Comment

the only thing bad i see about Ortiz is that his testicles are already getting worshipped by xcaret....as a someone that's ready to hop on that bandwagon ( i think ortiz is the ****ing **** ), i wanna make sure i dont sit next to that ******

that 50% mexican Ortiz whoops the 100% mexican Marquez at 140

Comment

Victor ortiz reminds me of a young Felix trinidad they both got those baby faces they look like 7th graders it looks crazy when you see them knocking out grown men

Comment

Originally posted by Dambala View Post
                    I agree, BTW I wonder what happened to Abner Mares I expected him to be fighting for a belt by now.
                    injury problems

he was supposed to fight on the Oscar Pac undercard, but he pulled out because of retina surgery

Comment

Maybe the question is how good is Prescott. If Khan is impressive against Barerra he might be overhyped again. Here is to hoping Prescott gets more hype. Ortiz is a bright star that seems to be a nice kid. Does anybody have details about his DQ loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X