Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with Mayweather fighting JMM???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
    marquez isnt even proven at 140.. hes never even fought here...

Now you're already making him a natural 140 lber?
    What he's saying is that he weighs 140 on fight night, so regardless of what weight class they fight in, it's not that big a mismatch when it comes to size.

JMM weights 140 for a 135-pound fight and Floyd weights 148 for a 154 fight. This is a much smaller difference than Margarito weighing 160 for his 147 fights when Floyd never even gains weight when he fights at Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelous Floyd View Post
      ok let's forget P4P.

Size wise. Mayweather is closer to JMM/PAC than Margarito FACT
      ugh.. no, no he isn't.

Comment

I think it's funny that so fmanny of you don't wanna give JMM a chance against floyd.

Seriously JMM would be the smartest fighter he's ever fought in his life and if anyone has the techinical know how to figure out floyd it's gonna be JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvelous Floyd View Post
          Let’s not forget that JMM called out Floyd
          So has Mosley, Cotto, Margarito. Now i wouldnt mind this matchup, but its going to have to be at a fair weight for both fighters. I also think fights with Mosley/Cotto/or Pacman are much better, and bring in much more money (something Floydboys seem to be so concerned about) over a fight with Marquez.

Comment

lets just be honest marquez is not gon be fast enough to hit mayfeathers especially with that d floys has

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              I think it's funny that so fmanny of you don't wanna give JMM a chance against floyd.

Seriously JMM would be the smartest fighter he's ever fought in his life and if anyone has the techinical know how to figure out floyd it's gonna be JMM.
              Juan Manuel Marquez can STILL make the super featherweight limit..
              I think it's funny how you Floyd fans put on a sob story about Floyd not being able to fight guys his size because he is too small boo hoo.. yet, you want him to fight a guy who is a natural Super Featherweight and only moved up to chase Pacquiao.

Comment

What was so wrong with Floyd fighting Cotto??? lol Too scary for Floyd?

Marquez vs Floyd makes sense if it's at 135 max. Anything above that would be completely out of Juan's element.

Comment

People don't care that floyd didn't want to fight margarito, but floyd said boxing is all about money and entertainment. And margarito offered him 8 million dollaRS, AND at the time he offered it to him, that would be one of his highest paydays. And he just declined. Thats what people are mad about.

Comment

Originally posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
                    Juan Manuel Marquez can STILL make the super featherweight limit..
                    I think it's funny how you Floyd fans put on a sob story about Floyd not being able to fight guys his size because he is too small boo hoo.. yet, you want him to fight a guy who is a natural Super Featherweight and only moved up to chase Pacquiao.
                    pistol whip is not a Floyd fan

and Cotto never called Floyd out

Mosley rejected Floyd when he was younger, now Floyd would get no credit

Floyd - Pacquiao is the biggest match available , i thought you guys wanted the most competitive fights made, Floyd - Pacquiao is that fight

Comment

Mayweather-Pacquiao would be acceptable because Pacquiao fits the 147 frame. While Marquez is similar in height/reach to Pacquiao, he doesn't blow up to 148 like Pacquiao does. Marquez doesn't retain the speed like Pacquiao does.

Personally I don't want to see Marquez move up in weight except MAYBE for Hatton-Pacquiao, but I'd perfer he'd stay at 135 and make defenses of that.

Comment

Working...
                      X