No announcement yet.

What's With Kronk Fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's With Kronk Fighters?

The horrid yellow shorts, the absence of Emmanuel Steward whenever these fighters lose leads me to believe he knows something. They all have a similar style, from Kermit to Jonathan Banks, from Andy Lee to whoever else is brewing in the stable.

From Klitschko they all like to fight at a slow pace and as long as they can keep you at a distance they will pick you apart, as soon as you dont let them fight at their pace they hardly have an answer. They also almost never hold when they get hurt.

Your right about the distance thing. It seems when someone is able to get inside on them they don't do as well. As a group they are generally not good at inside fighting.

It seems that they really stress jabs and power hand crosses.

Comment

and they all keep that left hand low..therefore are always open to right hands

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
        The horrid yellow shorts, the absence of Emmanuel Steward whenever these fighters lose leads me to believe he knows something. They all have a similar style, from Kermit to Jonathan Banks, from Andy Lee to whoever else is brewing in the stable.

From Klitschko they all like to fight at a slow pace and as long as they can keep you at a distance they will pick you apart, as soon as you dont let them fight at their pace they hardly have an answer. They also almost never hold when they get hurt.
        Kronk had some real talent in their stable about 25-30 years ago. Klitschko is not in anyway a Kronk fighter however.

Comment

The Kronk style is staying behind a solid, consistent jab that can be powered out when necessary coupled with rangy, straight power punching. He also likes you to use your height and reach to maximum potential, ala Klitschko, Hearns. I think Hearns is the epitome of the Kronk style.
          Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

They don't know how to in fight and when in trouble don't know how to clinch...But the biggest problem is the talent level. Kronk just doesn't have the same talent level as years past!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Kronk had some real talent in their stable about 25-30 years ago. Klitschko is not in anyway a Kronk fighter however.
              I agree that Wlad has the Eastern Bloc style more than anything, but that style meshes really well with the Kronk style. Wlad has developed his Russian style even further by incorporating in the principles that Steward believes make a good boxer. Personally I think Kelly Pavlik could really perfect his style too if he left the driveway man and kicked it with Manny Steward for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Cadillac Man View Post
                They don't know how to in fight and when in trouble don't know how to clinch...But the biggest problem is the talent level. Kronk just doesn't have the same talent level as years past!
                I agree. They lack the mean streets inside game of the Philly fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post

That feint in your sig was SICK!..lmao!..

but I was thinking the same thing when I saw his trunks..and the first thing I thought about was..CINTRON!..lol..I was more impressed with Banks last night tho..to be honest..

Comment

Actually Banks was doing A LOT of holding yesterday

Comment

Working...
                    X