(PROOF) Clottey did NOT have a sparring session with Cotto.

Collapse
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FromAfrica
    DesktopView
    Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
    • Jul 2006
    • 1123
    • 127
    • 10
    • 7,357

    #1

    (PROOF) Clottey did NOT have a sparring session with Cotto.

    I don't know how reliable that (myzongo.com) site or "daily graphic" is but here ya go.


    Ghana’s hope of getting a second major world title before the end of the year has suffered a jolt as Joshua Clottey’s December 1 opponent, IBF welterweight champion, Kermit Cintron, has opted for another opponent.

    The Puerto Rican will now defend his title against Jesse Feliciano (15-5-3) in California on November 23. Clottey (32-2,19 kos) was originally scheduled to challenge Cintron (28-1, 26 KOs) for his IBF title in Atlantic City, New Jersey, but unfortunately the Puerto Rican failed to sign the official contract for the fight.

    This was confirmed by Clottey in an exclusive telephone interview from his Bronx base in the USA last Monday.

    Cintron is also scared of me and because of this he refused to sign the contract which is the legal document binding him to the fight.

    He wants to avoid me probably because he knows I will pose a bigger threat than he expects, Clottey said in a disturbed tone.

    Clottey also revealed that the current WBO champion, Paul Williams, also refused to fight him because he (Clottey) posed too much of a threat.

    He told the Daily Graphic that the immediate measure to remedy this new development is to fight hard to become the number one contender since the champion would have no option but to fight him in that status.

    I have to fight an elimination and become the number one contender and then Cintron will have to fight me at all cost, he explained.

    In view of this, his promoters, Top Rank, and manager, Mr Vinny Scolpino, are working around the clock to get him an opponent for an IBF elimination bout.

    According to Clottey one Miguel Rodriguez has agreed to fight him in the eliminator which is expected to come off late next month or early December.

    Earlier on, Brooklyn-born Luis Collazo was scheduled to fight Clottey in an IBF eliminator, but he also chickened out.

    The 30-year-old Ghanaian said though he was disappointed at the development he was still training seriously, despite cancelling a scheduled sparring session with Miguel Angel Cotto in Peurto Rico ahead of his November 10 WBA welterweight title fight with Shane Mosley.

    “After a careful thought I realised that he (Cotto) will learn my fight style and that will be bad for me because he will find it easy fighting with me if we ever meet in a serious fight. Besides his camp could not meet my conditions so I backed out”, he said.


    Source



    Its all good "Ch@mpBox@PR" and "kadafee".
  • Heru
    Quintessence
    Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
    • Apr 2008
    • 9492
    • 533
    • 353
    • 26,205

    #2
    This article has to be legit, those last comments sound dead on. After I read the other thread I read a couple Clottey-Judah stories where Judah said he had sparred with Clottey and Clottey saying almost the exact same thing about never sparring an opponent he thought he might fight down the road (it was later found Judah had confused Joshua with Emmanuel).

    Comment

    • pigdestroyer
      Interim Champion
      Gold Champion - 500-1,000 posts
      • Dec 2007
      • 583
      • 10
      • 1
      • 7,100

      #3
      So is that GOOD or BAD for Cotto? "Would have been easy to box me." (may not be word for word) but I mean, is he saying it doesn't take much to figure him out/Cotto has the possibility to make a W with ease? ...All it'd take is a sparring session? Can someone explain this to me?

      Comment

      • Bobby Shaw
        Banned
        Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
        • Sep 2007
        • 4308
        • 236
        • 29
        • 39,810

        #4
        Originally posted by pigdestroyer
        So is that GOOD or BAD for Cotto? "Would have been easy to box me." (may not be word for word) but I mean, is he saying it doesn't take much to figure him out/Cotto has the possibility to make a W with ease? ...All it'd take is a sparring session? Can someone explain this to me?
        It's easy to learn about someone in a sparring session because you do a lot of things.That's how Williams knew how to beat Margaritto

        Comment

        • Actus Reus 21
          Lifestyle Random
          Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
          • May 2008
          • 1054
          • 62
          • 108
          • 7,500

          #5
          Originally posted by chiyoko
          It's easy to learn about someone in a sparring session because you do a lot of things.That's how Williams knew how to beat Margaritto
          exactly!

          Comment

          • pigdestroyer
            Interim Champion
            Gold Champion - 500-1,000 posts
            • Dec 2007
            • 583
            • 10
            • 1
            • 7,100

            #6
            Originally posted by chiyoko
            It's easy to learn about someone in a sparring session because you do a lot of things.That's how Williams knew how to beat Margaritto
            I see. So would this have made it easier for Cotto, or for Clottey?

            Comment

            • el malo
              Last Of The Mo-Ricans!
              Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
              • Feb 2008
              • 7298
              • 260
              • 427
              • 14,024

              #7
              Originally posted by writeright
              I don't know how reliable that (myzongo.com) site or "daily graphic" is but here ya go.


              Ghanas hope of getting a second major world title before the end of the year has suffered a jolt as Joshua Clotteys December 1 opponent, IBF welterweight champion, Kermit Cintron, has opted for another opponent.

              The Puerto Rican will now defend his title against Jesse Feliciano (15-5-3) in California on November 23. Clottey (32-2,19 kos) was originally scheduled to challenge Cintron (28-1, 26 KOs) for his IBF title in Atlantic City, New Jersey, but unfortunately the Puerto Rican failed to sign the official contract for the fight.

              This was confirmed by Clottey in an exclusive telephone interview from his Bronx base in the USA last Monday.

              Cintron is also scared of me and because of this he refused to sign the contract which is the legal document binding him to the fight.

              He wants to avoid me probably because he knows I will pose a bigger threat than he expects, Clottey said in a disturbed tone.

              Clottey also revealed that the current WBO champion, Paul Williams, also refused to fight him because he (Clottey) posed too much of a threat.

              He told the Daily Graphic that the immediate measure to remedy this new development is to fight hard to become the number one contender since the champion would have no option but to fight him in that status.

              I have to fight an elimination and become the number one contender and then Cintron will have to fight me at all cost, he explained.

              In view of this, his promoters, Top Rank, and manager, Mr Vinny Scolpino, are working around the clock to get him an opponent for an IBF elimination bout.

              According to Clottey one Miguel Rodriguez has agreed to fight him in the eliminator which is expected to come off late next month or early December.

              Earlier on, Brooklyn-born Luis Collazo was scheduled to fight Clottey in an IBF eliminator, but he also chickened out.

              The 30-year-old Ghanaian said though he was disappointed at the development he was still training seriously, despite cancelling a scheduled sparring session with Miguel Angel Cotto in Peurto Rico ahead of his November 10 WBA welterweight title fight with Shane Mosley.

              After a careful thought I realised that he (Cotto) will learn my fight style and that will be bad for me because he will find it easy fighting with me if we ever meet in a serious fight. Besides his camp could not meet my conditions so I backed out, he said.


              Source



              Its all good "Ch@mpBox@PR" and "kadafee".
              that part of the article is interesting. the most dangerous man in boxing ducked clottey.

              Comment

              Working...
              TOP