No announcement yet.

Do not forget,Margarito can of worms will be open on mid march

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
    The way I see it, it was ATTEMPTED assault. For sure that's also a felony in the states. Under normal circumstances the cops have to investigate crimes and cannot leave those things to civil authorities. At least so it is where I'm from.

They could go that route for sure, but they would have to want to (and they have not shown any interest in that imo). With the economic problems (especially in California), I doubt the state wants to go to the trouble ($$$) to get a guy they arleady punished.

Comment

They will have a hard time proving that Margarito's gloves were loaded in those fights unless a member of team Margarito decides to talk.
      If they went the assault charge route, is probably the only way. They would also probably have to get the goods on a small fry who knew what was going so that he would squeel (or atleast scare him into talking).

I do not see any real public outcry for it though.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
        I think this will happen as soon as lawyers get involved. Cintron talked about his lawyers getting involved and Cotto said that his grop is not ruling anything out. I think they are just waiting until the results to take action.
        They can't prove **** and the case will get tossed out in a minute. Their own people were allowed to examine the gloves before the fights. When they signed off on it, they lost any ground they had.

Comment

Who gives a ****? He's already suspended, his career is in ruins, and he's lost most if not all his credibility. I don't care about this **** anymore. Hence that 'can of worms' line, it's just bait to feed the trolls at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
            Who gives a ****? He's already suspended, his career is in ruins, and he's lost most if not all his credibility. I don't care about this **** anymore. Hence that 'can of worms' line, it's just bait to feed the trolls at this point.
            Please help a foreigner here: What does the expression 'Can of worms' mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              They can't prove **** and the case will get tossed out in a minute. Their own people were allowed to examine the gloves before the fights. When they signed off on it, they lost any ground they had.
              How the **** would you know are you a judge or a lawyer. Lawyers know how to get around things it's how they make their living. They could easily get the justice department involved to make an investigation of this and other fights Plasterito has been involved in.

Comment

Please help a foreigner here: What does the expression 'Can of worms' mean?
                It's an expression that means a whole lot of unwanted trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  It's an expression that means a whole lot of unwanted trouble.

^^ Yep. Thank you homey.

Comment

Working...
                  X