Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasnt there talk about Cottos gloves at one time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Yes, he was referring to them as "pressurized"
    I believe they call it strafing where you pull the glove back tight then tape. The theory being you make the surface of the glove tight and you are able to cut guys, do more damage. Addison and I plus many others had a nice thread going about quite a ways back. The theory against Cotto is that he tapes his gloves up pretty high and this could be a sign of strafing , if that is what it is called. I personally think the guy has small hands and its just the way they tape his gloves. If its illegal I guarantee you will have opponents and trainers all over him

Comment

This wrap **** is gettin as boring and repetitive as PBF talk. Let it go.

Comment

The tape the outside of his gloves high and tight. Something a lot of fighters, including your current p4p king does.

Comment

There was some talk, but it was very minimal i think. I could be mistaken, but i think he came up clean.

But regarding Margo's hand wraps, i'm not even hatin on the guy. He did what he had to do. So it's obviously how much skill Margo had if he had to rely on "foreign material" to do his work instead of his boxing skill. I'll put it this way. If Mayweather wrapped his hands in plaster, he might have killed someone. Mayweather's boxing skill plus plaster wraps would just be fcuked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
            He had the 4 Horseshoes in the right hand and the ****ing Horse in the left hand!!!!!!!!!!!
            Actually this was proving false and a misunderstanding, in fact does load his gloves not with horses or horse shoes but with the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Two in each hand to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by Lubutheimmortal View Post
              Actually this was proving false and a misunderstanding, in fact does load his gloves not with horses or horse shoes but with the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Two in each hand to be exact.
              Cotto uses this

Comment

I remember reading about that on this forum and only on this forum and from only 1 person... and a couple of others that agreed with him...

but never in any official capacity...just 1 posters opinions about the way cotto's gloves looked on television....

I can't remember if it was before or after the Shane Mosley fight...but somewhere around that time...nothing ever came from it...

because like i said it was just 1 posters opinion...and a pretty crappy one at that...

Comment

It was Addison, Cotto's #1 hater by FARRRR (although an excellent poster). He talked about Cotto skinning the gloves but it was shown how many if not most boxer's do that.

The worst case of it might be Barrera in Barrera vs Juarez but in the original thread there are a lot of pictures with many boxers doing it.

Comment

The only thing that was said was that he skins his gloves which a lot of fighters do.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X