No announcement yet.

Funeka Moving Forward, Hopes For IBF Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sylvestersweet View Post
    his temporal lobe needs improving. He went down twice because of average shots to the cranium.
    You often see that in light extremely tall fighters might be a leverage thing .

Comment

He deserves anotha shot.

Comment

Funeka really needs to move up in weight. The guy looks like a malnourished child from Somalia. I truly believe that the knockdowns were because of the lack of fluid and nutrition rather than Campbell's punches. He could suffer some serious brain damage if he continues to fight at that weight. Personally, I think he should move up to 154.

Comment

i don't get why South Africans always fight for IBF titles, some bribes going on there...

i mean you'll have 3 South Africans fighting for the IBF junior lightweight title one after the other.

Comment

i look forward to watching this cat fight. personally, i think all the other 135 lbers ducking him

Comment

Funeka vs Cambell

Well, this fight turned out to be more competitive than I expected. Nate's inability to make weight added some interest to this bout, but I expected Nate would take it. Why? Because Nate has been through thick and thin. That counts for a lot. Granted I don't know much about Funeka, but my main question is what the hell is a 6'1 guy doing at 135? That is ridiculous. What are you, Dhalsim? Cmon guy. I am 6'1 and 165, and I don't even eat that much. Funeka reminds me of a orthodox Paul Williams, very similar in their output and delivery. They are both reliant on a constant flow of jabs and 1-2s, and in the fight I believed Funeka could have won based on his output and delivery had he not been knocked down 2x. Then again, when you weigh 135 and are 6'1, what do you think is really going to happen here? A strong gust of wind is going to topple you, nonetheless a determined and albeit weight drained champion such as Campbell.

-MrOsborne

Comment

Originally posted by mrosborne View Post
                Well, this fight turned out to be more competitive than I expected. Nate's inability to make weight added some interest to this bout, but I expected Nate would take it. Why? Because Nate has been through thick and thin. That counts for a lot. Granted I don't know much about Funeka, but my main question is what the hell is a 6'1 guy doing at 135? That is ridiculous. What are you, Dhalsim? Cmon guy. I am 6'1 and 165, and I don't even eat that much. Funeka reminds me of a orthodox Paul Williams, very similar in their output and delivery. They are both reliant on a constant flow of jabs and 1-2s, and in the fight I believed Funeka could have won based on his output and delivery had he not been knocked down 2x. Then again, when you weigh 135 and are 6'1, what do you think is really going to happen here? A strong gust of wind is going to topple you, nonetheless a determined and albeit weight drained champion such as Campbell.

-MrOsborne
                well, funeka is hungry... illiterally and figuratively

Comment

Can't beleive the judges gave it to campbell i thought he only won 3 rounds altogether, from rounds 3 - 11 campbell was gassed and could keep up with combinations

Don't get me wrong a well hydrated campbell i think would of stop Funeka within 6 rounds but Funeka did show a lot of grit and determination in this fight and would love to see him again

6'1 at 135ibs if he can make it with out killing himself then why not carry on fighting that weight even thought his faced was really drawn his body looks fine which i think sugests he made the weight alright. There is guys in my gym that walk round 130ibs 6'2 and eats like a horse.

Comment

Gave it to Campbell? umm...let me see..he dropped Funeka twice and blocked most of Funeka's punches all night. Funeka won some of the middle rounds due to Nate being gassed but Nate came back in the end and dropped Funeka and won the 12th. I had the fight 115-11 for Campbell but could also see it 114-112 Campbell.
                    I want to see Funeka back, I think he can be a monster in this division and is no shame losing to a more experienced boxer like Campbell.
                    He is ranked high on the IBF and I am sure he will win the title once he is allowed to fight for it.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                      Funeka deserved the win,he needs to work on his defense. He could fight Fernando Angulo or Anthony Peterson whom are ranked high by the IBF. Shobox or ESPN would pick those fights up.
                      There is no way in hell Peterson's handlers would put him in with Funeka after last night's performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X