Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Referee says "TEN" the fight is OVER!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    Listen, I'm through with this. I don't want to keep going in circles. Just ask yourself these questions. Is the 10 count a rule in boxing? Do the rules say that if a fighter cannot or has not gotten up by the count of 10, the fight is over? If your answer is no to either of these questions, then I don't see the point of discussing this with you.
    Dude, I am not arguing the 10 count rule what the ****. It is the refs job to administer the 10 count, so if he feels a fighter beats it the fight does not end. I felt he beat the 10 count and so did the ref because he DID NOT END THE FIGHT. It is the refs job to decide the end of the fight (unless someone gives up). Just because you thought he ended the fight and counted the guy out, does not mean the ref felt the same way about the situation. I am glad you are not a ref.

Also you need to be not up by the very end of N in TEN, so to me he got up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Dude, I am not arguing the 10 count rule what the ****. It is the refs job to administer the 10 count, so if he feels a fighter beats it the fight does not end. I felt he beat the 10 count and so did the ref because he DID NOT END THE FIGHT. It is the refs job to decide the end of the fight (unless someone gives up). Just because you thought he ended the fight and counted the guy out, does not mean the ref felt the same way about the situation. I am glad you are not a ref.

Also you need to be not up by the very end of N in TEN, so to me he got up.
      It doesn't matter if he got up right after the referee counted to 10, the point is the referee counted to 10 and Cintron had not gotten up so that means it's effectively over. It's not like the rule has many interpretations. The referee's job is to enforce the rules and this referee did not do that competently.

Anyways, as I said, I'm through with this, there's no point in going round in circles. We'll just agree to disagree.

Comment

Why do we bother with the 10 count system then? Why not just let the referee decide everything, if a fighter takes a knee to take a rest, don't give him a count, force him to get up and fight, if a referee sees a foul and deems it unimportant, let him let it go.

In fact, why bother with rules in this sport at all? Let the referee let things go as he likes.
        WOW.. I am shocked by what you are saying Silencers. You would rather have the fight rules be thrown out the window and ginve to Smoger, Cortez, The bad refs in P.R., England, Canada, etc. There are to many bad refs in the game to name all of them. If the ref in the Cintron/Martinez fight was correct and not impartial 1 way or the other he would not have tooken a point away in the last round. I normally agree with your take but not this time.

Comment

Did anyone Hear some guy say a rematch will make money or something like that. He yelled it 2 seconds after the fight was announced a draw. He said it very loud and clearly.

Comment

I don't like Cintron. He's always complaining and whining like a fucking little *****. No way did he earn a draw in that fight. The whole ref debacle was very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by boxaholic View Post
              WOW.. I am shocked by what you are saying Silencers. You would rather have the fight rules be thrown out the window and ginve to Smoger, Cortez, The bad refs in P.R., England, Canada, etc. There are to many bad refs in the game to name all of them. If the ref in the Cintron/Martinez fight was correct and not impartial 1 way or the other he would not have tooken a point away in the last round. I normally agree with your take but not this time.
              Read my posts prior to that.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                That was the worst ref since Joe Cortez in the Soto-Lorenzo fight.

- He failed to see a punch caused Cintron's cut, claimed it was from a head butt.

- He counted Cintron out, stopped the fight, then changed his mind, because the little ***** Cintron cried it was a head butt! The replay showed it was from a punch.

- He deducted a point from Martinez FOR NOTHING in the last round and cost him the fight.

It was a ****ing robbery - an absolute disgrace to boxing.
                That's right, I forgot about the point deduction and you're right, that cost him the fight. That was terrible refereeing. I don't understand how he could stop the fight and then just let it continue.

Fuck Cintron too.

Comment

It doesn't matter if he got up right after the referee counted to 10, the point is the referee counted to 10 and Cintron had not gotten up so that means it's effectively over. It's not like the rule has many interpretations.

Anyways, as I said, I'm through with this, there's no point in going round in circles. We'll just agree to disagree.
                  Gettin up while the ref is saying ten because saying the word ten does take some time corret, is not the same as getting up after ten. I completely disagree, I think that Cintron beat the count, thats why I do not get why you brought up all the rule of boxing, because I felt he was up in time. I also felt that the ref never stopped the fight and I watched that **** like a hawk the 3rd time I saw it and never saw the ref do anything to indicate the end of the fight.

We can disagree that Cintron got up which is fine, I admitted that a lot earlier. I never saw the ref stop the fight though, the ref never made it clear he was calling Cintron knocked out. There was confusion at the end sure, but that does not mean the ref ended the fight (if the ref himself said he did not end the fight and it was not a knockout what else do you want? because there is nothing more that I can give you)

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    Gettin up while the ref is saying ten because saying the word ten does take some time corret, is not the same as getting up after ten. I completely disagree, I think that Cintron beat the count, thats why I do not get why you brought up all the rule of boxing, because I felt he was up in time. I also felt that the ref never stopped the fight and I watched that **** like a hawk the 3rd time I saw it and never saw the ref do anything to indicate the end of the fight.

We can disagree that Cintron got up which is fine, I admitted that a lot earlier. I never saw the ref stop the fight though, the ref never made it clear he was calling Cintron knocked out. There was confusion at the end sure, but that does not mean the ref ended the fight (if the ref himself said he did not end the fight and it was not a knockout what else do you want? because there is nothing more that I can give you)
                    As I said, we'll agree to disagree. In my opinion and many others, once a referee reaches the count of 10, it's over. You don't see it that way and I'm don't seem to be changing your mind in any way and you're not changing mine.

Comment

As I said, we'll agree to disagree. In my opinion and many others, once a referee reaches the count of 10, it's over. You don't see it that way and I'm don't seem to be changing your mind in any way and you're not changing mine.
                      See this is why I think that reffing (even more so judging) is very subjective. You brought up the rule, but how exactly do you enforce the letter of the law exactly. There are so many interpretation in boxing, so much that is not clear that either way you look at it there is no wrong. So like I said earlier boxing is a world of grey and this situation is definetly not black and white because we both have a line of reasoning that the other can not change, so really if things are unclear the fighter deserves the benefit of the doubt (unless they can not continue or should not continue) to me, or atleast.

To me this is part of the reason boxing is fun because 10 people can watch the same thing and those 10 people may end up drawing very different conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                      X