No announcement yet.

Poor Promotion, Officiating Massacres St. Valentine’s Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=RL_GMA;4758851]Yo...let me tell ya'll my experience lastnight lol

I walk in the arena and grant it, it's early, but it looked DEAD! So I go and grab a drink and notice there's fights going on, but people are outside smokin, drinking, chillin. I got back to my seats and you can hear a cricket in the arena. The only cheering came when the ring girls walked the ring.

So I go back to get another drink and notice that one of the ushers is GIVING AWAY low level seats because they needed to fill certain seats where the camera would be showing the crowd.

One of the funnier moments of the night came when these group of people behind us were talking about how excited they were to see Mayorga, and my boy turns around and tells them he ain't fighting. They look at him all cooky and go, "**** this...ALE HOUSE HERE WE COME" LOL...we were dyin.

Then when the main event came around you can see people leaving after the 5th round. We ended up leaving in the 6th. lmao kimbo mustve been pissed

Comment

[QUOTE=boxing2106;4759447]
      Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
      Yo...let me tell ya'll my experience lastnight lol

I walk in the arena and grant it, it's early, but it looked DEAD! So I go and grab a drink and notice there's fights going on, but people are outside smokin, drinking, chillin. I got back to my seats and you can hear a cricket in the arena. The only cheering came when the ring girls walked the ring.

So I go back to get another drink and notice that one of the ushers is GIVING AWAY low level seats because they needed to fill certain seats where the camera would be showing the crowd.

One of the funnier moments of the night came when these group of people behind us were talking about how excited they were to see Mayorga, and my boy turns around and tells them he ain't fighting. They look at him all cooky and go, "**** this...ALE HOUSE HERE WE COME" LOL...we were dyin.

Then when the main event came around you can see people leaving after the 5th round. We ended up leaving in the 6th. lmao kimbo mustve been pissed
      wth??? u guys ducked the last rounds of the main event?
      Last edited by Pullcounter; 02-15-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

St.Valentines Shenanigans! Cintron should retire,Martinez will give anyone problems in the 154 circuit. I had Funeka winning 8 rnds to 4. I missed the Angulo fight but i knew it would be a stinker.

Comment

man all i gotta say about kermit is that you got beat up and martinez got robbed. period end of story. for the dude to actually have the odacity to domplain at the end of the fight to complain about the draw. (wich was total bulls**t) as far as cambell... i could see how we got the decision. funeka was busier no doubt and put forth an excellent effort, but cambell did great body work throughout and did have the two knockdowns. other than all that el perro looked great as he should have. cosme has heart but that was short notice and expected nothing less of angulo

Comment

I don't know if it's just me, but boxing has gotten off to a weird start for 09

Comment

The fights weren't too bad but the officiating was garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                I was at the fight an I can tell you that my section had a ball, maybe a little mean spirited but fun. Main problem was that King opened up the entire damn place when he only needed 2 levels. Cintron decision was a joke even all the Ricans in my section knew he lost. Nate fought drained and couldn't keep his workrate up. He didn't have to heart last nite to walk through Ali's fire but he did enough to win.

What section were you in? I was in 133 near the guys holding up the large Puerto Rican flag. I agree that he should have just used two levels. I disagree with you though, I though Funeka put on a mini boxing clinic for a few rounds, I thought he won the fight.

Comment

the show was great. people who cover boxing need to take a cue from MMA and not eat its own at every turn

Comment

i thought it was a good night of fights as well. martinez-cintron was the fight of the night, and should of been the main event imo. cintron is a bum. i couldnt believe he was talkin **** @ the end of the 12th! martine definitly won, and i agree with the comment that he can beat anyone in his division. i really like him as a fighter. cambell-funeka was a ok fight, and could of gone either way. funeka can do some damage in his dinision if he trains harder.
                    Last edited by BOXING'SSAVIOR; 02-15-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
                      Don King is a **** promoter now.
                      Don King was behind this crap. The Don strikes again.

Comment

Working...
                      X