Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Promotion, Officiating Massacres St. Valentine’s Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the card had a lot of issues but overall i really enjoyed as well. 3 good fights imo, unfortunate about the martinez draw and crowd but good anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by steelhead View Post
      i think you and others are missing the boat again on cintron.
      like in the feliciano fight. cintron is damaged goods.

in this fight watch the way cintron is holding his right . he stopped punching with it by mid rounds.
      poor guy is prob going to torture himself fighting for the money with fragile paws.
      Cintron's not a bad fighter, just not elite. His body language never looks good to me, and it doesnt look like he truly wants it when the going gets tough. It looked like he was looking for a way out when he got knocked down too. He was perfectly fine and got up at 10. Then he bitched about a headbutt that never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by 3zilla View Post
        the card had a lot of issues but overall i really enjoyed as well. 3 good fights imo, unfortunate about the martinez draw and crowd but good anyways.
        I thought the crowd was a little harsh. They booed the hell out of anything that wasn't all out action. Wlad/Ibrogamov would have started a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          I thought the crowd was a little harsh. They booed the hell out of anything that wasn't all out action. Wlad/Ibrogamov would have started a riot.
          I was at the fight an I can tell you that my section had a ball, maybe a little mean spirited but fun. Main problem was that King opened up the entire damn place when he only needed 2 levels. Cintron decision was a joke even all the Ricans in my section knew he lost. Nate fought drained and couldn't keep his workrate up. He didn't have to heart last nite to walk through Ali's fire but he did enough to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadillac Man View Post
            DKP has become a JOKE...The atmosphere was STALE and you saw people getting up and leaving during fights JUST A HORRIBLE ATMOSPHERE.
            Bad judges and refs
            and weight and opponent issues
            HBO should not deal with DKP anymore I don't care who he has signed. Who names a site a month before the fight then it's on Valentines day. HORRIBLE NIGHT FOR BOXING.
            DKP as always.....

Comment

The only decision that was a bad call was Martinez/Cintron. Campbell beat Funeka. Even though Funeka was out working Campbell for the 2nd half, Campbell still did the most damage and closed the show with another knocked down & solidified his presence in the 12th.

I still can't believe how the judges rob Martinez of his well deserved win? Cintron is a one big punch bum. I used to defend Cintron a lil before because I thought he had something to offer but he's a cry baby. If he can't hurt you then he is clueless on how to win like most big punchers. I hope that Boxing does the right thing and give Martinez the right ruling. It is the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                That's what happens when you leave a show without a home for so long that you wind up giving away tickets - not to mention when that same show winds up in a makeshift hockey town.

I agree with you - at least from the televised portion, there weren't enough lulls to warrant the amount of boos that came from the crowd. The Martinez-Cintron decision and the blown call in between the 7th and 8th, sure (really the fact that there was even an eighth round). I guess it was a bit fitting that Nate was booed at the start of his fight, but thought he deserved their cheers or at least their respect by fights end.

Comment

I agree with you Grustler. I could live with Cambell win. But the Cintron decision was one of the 5 worst Ive seen in the last 25 years

Comment

Yo...let me tell ya'll my experience lastnight lol

I walk in the arena and grant it, it's early, but it looked DEAD! So I go and grab a drink and notice there's fights going on, but people are outside smokin, drinking, chillin. I got back to my seats and you can hear a cricket in the arena. The only cheering came when the ring girls walked the ring.

So I go back to get another drink and notice that one of the ushers is GIVING AWAY low level seats because they needed to fill certain seats where the camera would be showing the crowd.

One of the funnier moments of the night came when these group of people behind us were talking about how excited they were to see Mayorga, and my boy turns around and tells them he ain't fighting. They look at him all cooky and go, "**** this...ALE HOUSE HERE WE COME" LOL...we were dyin.

Then when the main event came around you can see people leaving after the 5th round. We ended up leaving in the 6th. I had enough already.

It wasn't the WORST card Ive ever been to, but it was terribly promoted, Mayorga pullin out (pause) didn't help one bit, The Cintron / Martinez fight was a joke, and the whole deal with Campbell getting stripped lost any kind of luster the fight had...oh and the dude behind us started a nice little chant of "Kimbo Sucks" after they announced Kimbo was in attendance LOL
                    Last edited by RL_GMA; 02-15-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

the crowd booed,at it was kind of boring at the beggining,i mean no action,i thought imagine if that was john ruiz in there?..they would have thrown cups and other stuff in that ring...lol

Comment

Working...
                      X