• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
    Calzaghe sucks. that is all
    Calzaghe sucks at what??????

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
      Since you all of a sudden go by ring ratings now, why not take into account that Jones only made it back to the top 10 because he beat 3 middleweights while Antonio never left even top 5( plus having a title) since around 2000? That is why he is better than Jones at this stage, you young innocent one.

Plus his performances also indicated that he is the better fighter.
      Where did I say I "go by Ring rankings".

You're the clown who dismisses them in one sentence then asks me to look them up the next.

Tarver may well be better than Jones now - he did beat him twice. But hes not a top fighter - as you try to suggest in order to blow on Dawsons bollox.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He should fight Hopkins because I'm not buying the "it won't take him as many rounds to adjust" stuff. Like Hopkins doesn't know how to adjust either.

But whatever, if not then fight Dawson (I prefer Chad). I give Tarver a very good chance to defeat him though.
        Joe's always lacked planning a good game plan ahead of a fight, I criticise him a lot for this, he's done it in a lot of his fights, see Kessler, Hopkins and RJJ.

Nard on the other hand went in with roughly the best game plan to counter Joe's style possible which created a horrible spectacle, and a close fight. There's just no way I can see Hopkins winning being more aggressive, he's not hurting Joe much, not backing him up, stopping him throwing too much, or quicker.

As for Tarver, you really seem to rate him huh. Personally I think he's pretty average especially now. He doesn't adapt much, which is why Hopkins did, and Calzaghe would run circles around him.

Dawson is a close ish fight if Chad responds to tips in his corner, doesn't take too much time off and fights clever. He did this with a more predictable Tarver showing improvements, but I have doubts he's improved enough to do that and more against a much more varied Calzaghe.

I must say I find myself continously trapped into wanting Joe to fight again just to settle some rows, it's silly really. We'll probably be doing this same thing next year, they'll be a new threat and Calzaghe 'should fight him'.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Yup.

I fully expect Dawson to kick his ass but Tarver still has that monster left. I don't think Dawson will want to take them like he did in the last fight.
          Respectfully disagree. I see Chad whooping him again.

Comment

• 2501 needs some Points for this thread.
            DAWSON IS THAT MAN!!

Comment

• My thread wasn't made to indicate that Joe is OBLIGATED to come out of "retirement" and fight Chad. No, it was made with the opinion that if Joe is going to fight AGAIN, there is NO FIGHT out there other than Chad Dawson. Anything else would be "a laurgh" or whatever you guys say.

Comment

• Dawson vs Tarver 2 is certainly a worse fight than Calzaghe vs Jones and 100 times more needless.

But you wouldnt know it reading this thread. Its the fight of the decade!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  My thread wasn't made to indicate that Joe is OBLIGATED to come out of "retirement" and fight Chad. No, it was made with the opinion that if Joe is going to fight AGAIN, there is NO FIGHT out there other than Chad Dawson. Anything else would be "a laurgh" or whatever you guys say.
                  I agree and I dont see many Calzaghe fans disagreeing. Although Hopkins would be acceptable too in my opinion. Not that I care to see the "action" that would take place in that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Dawson vs Tarver 2 is certainly a worse fight than Calzaghe vs Jones and 100 times more needless.

But you wouldnt know it reading this thread. Its the fight of the decade!
                    No one wanted to see that fight a second time, it was unavoidable due to the rematch clause. How can even compare Calzaghe's fight with Jones{A voluntary money fight} to a forced rematch?

Comment

• Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                      Respectfully disagree. I see Chad whooping him again.

Well I think that's what is likely to happen. But I never discount Tarver.

Comment

Working...
                      X