No announcement yet.

Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    Go and find the ratings. In fact if i didn't have to go to work shortly, i would take a picture or even scan the page to my computer. Jones was rated at 10 before he lost to Joe. The Joe fight must have gained him some recognition back or something. He didn't beat any light heavyweights in years. Hanshaw was a contender at super middleweight and Trinidad's last ranking was at middleweight and that was two years ago, BEFORE he was shut out by Winky,
    Yes getting beat up and dominated moves you UP 4 places in the Ring Rankings!

Stop speaking out of your arse

Comment

• That alone shows you how confident dirkdigger is about his argument. In the 2 or 3 posts where i repeatedly asked him about what good fighters Jones have beaten in the last few years that makes him as good as Tarver( at this point), he doesn't even respond but instead, he twists the argument and change the subject to ring ratings. How wise.

Comment

• These Calzaghe threads would make a thread starter some serious e-points.

Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
          Seriously RJJ has been shot for YEARS, Tarvers claim to fame is beating a Shot RJJ and Johnson utterly failed in the weak SMW division completely before moving up and dominateing LHW.

Calzaghe is old and can't punch anymore, Hopkins is 43 and lost to Taylor twice and has dominated everyone at LHW.

The 4 champs are Dawson who beat tarver and Johnson (see above), Erdei who's never beaten anyone, Daiconu who nobodies ever heard of and Garay who lost twice to Erdei.

take out the old and senine 5 at the top and your left with Dawson and a bunch of nobodies

Light Heavyweight SUCKS!

I'm not arguing that it is a little weak, but it clearly is not the weakest division right now.

Please explain to me how 154 and 160 are better. I wil take a division with Calzaghe, Dawson, Hopkins and Tarver over one with, what Pavlik and AA or PWill and Vernon Forrest every day of the week.

Comment

That alone shows you how confident dirkdigger is about his argument. In the 2 or 3 posts where i repeatedly asked him about what good fighters Jones have beaten in the last few years that makes him as good as Tarver( at this point), he doesn't even respond but instead, he twists the argument and change the subject to ring ratings. How wise.
            Look at Jones record. Im not trying to claim he was "on top" based off his victories prior to Calzaghe. He clearly wasnt and isnt.

You on the other hand try to claim Tarver was back "on top" based off beating.......Clinton Woods.

Again......stop talking out your arse

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Look at Jones record. Im not trying to claim he was "on top" based off his victories prior to Calzaghe. He clearly wasnt and isnt.

You on the other hand try to claim Tarver was back "on top" based off beating.......Clinton Woods.

Again......stop talking out your arse
              Tarver was a CHAMPION, and he had already beaten a better version of Roy almost 5 years earlier. There is a huge difference in Hanshaw and Trinidad who are not even full light heavyweigyhts, compared to Woods who was ranked at number 4 when Antonio beat him. Woods won his title from Glen Johnson and he has also beaten his share of top 10 light heavyweights as well.

Comment

Tarver was a CHAMPION, and he had already beaten a better version of Roy almost 5 years earlier. There is a huge difference in Hanshaw and Trinidad who are not even full light heavyweigyhts, compared to Woods who was ranked at number 4 when Antonio beat him. Woods won his title from Glen Johnson and he has also beaten his share of top 10 light heavyweights as well.
                The bottom line is that Tarver deserved to be rated much higher than Jones and, hence, was the better opponent. As was Glen Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  The bottom line is that Tarver deserved to be rated much higher than Jones and, hence, was the better opponent. As was Glen Johnson.
                  Surely this isn't what the debate is about?

Comment

• Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                    Surely this isn't what the debate is about?
                    Debates always bog down into nonsense.

Bottom line, Dawson & Hopkins are the two most deserving fighters. Fight them or retire, Joe.

Comment

Roy had beaten a much better version of Tarver AND a much better version of Woods 5 years ago. Whats the point of stating this?

Roy has beaten more than his share of top 10 LHWs - more than Woods and Tarver combined. Whats the point of stating this?

Roy challenged Calzaghe. Tarver fought Woods. Theres the difference right there.

No matter how you dress is up, beating Clinton Woods doesnt make you "on top". Im not the only one to say to you that Jones would beat Woods too.

Do you have to bum Dawson all the time? I remember you trying to tell me that Eric Harding was an elite fighter.......

Comment

Working...
                      X