Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is dying and in desperation, attacking MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, as apparently the only one on this message board who is a fan of both, I will respectfully ask:

What did Merchant say? I must have missed it....

Ah, and whoever is saying "YOUR hvyweight champ is 2-1 with a **** on his chest" or whatever, everyone knows Fedor beats Lesnar any day. Fedor is the real HW champ.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
      Thats why on the same night...and MMA event was held in Cali and the Staples Center soldout like never before...and people are saying that that MMA event had the worst production value in PPV history....

O and not to mention the owner of the UFC does nothing but bash boxing every chance he gets....doesnt your heavyweight champ have like 4 fights? May the urine of a thousand camels find your pillow tonight...******.
      I know ufc people like half naked men wrestling but i like women so whos that girl on ur signature

Comment

Originally posted by evilp0ptart View Post
        Hmm, as apparently the only one on this message board who is a fan of both, I will respectfully ask:

What did Merchant say? I must have missed it....
        Merchant said Affliction/M-1 paid 5 mill. to have DLH watch the fights.

There's still no source to this info. Both GBP and Affliction denied it.

I can understand having a beef with Dana White and the UFC, but that attack was just unwarrented.

Comment

Originally posted by Realm View Post
          As MMA continues to grow, so does Boxing's desperation and their weak attacks on MMA. Did you hear Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant during the Margarito vs Mosley broadcast? Why the need to attack MMA? SMH
          yeah you're right, i totally agree with you....no argument here...

Sheesh yeah right......HA HA HA HA HA HA HA........

Comment

if 'attacking' another sport means that someone is desperate and dying out, then many mma companies are pretty much dead. there are a lot of attacks by mma companies toward boxing. The UFC often tries to ridicule boxing just to promote their own events, and these are official advertisements by them. then you have some mma commentators saying things like 'the crowd is booing, this is mma not boxing' or something along those lines.

senile, insane old Larry Merchant said about one thing and went on with the regular fight. many boxing promoters and commentators have no problem at all with boxing, most notably to me when Brian Kenny specifically said that there was no problem with mma, and that boxing and mma could both exist together successfully during Chris Byrd's last fight.

I dont give a damn even if boxing was considered 'dead', as long as the good fights keep coming. I mean, holy hell, look at the matchups and potential matchups ahead in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
              there are a lot of attacks by mma companies toward boxing.
              Name one from M-1 and/or Affliction?

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
                Name one from M-1 and/or Affliction?
                I never said all of them attacked boxing, goofball. I said 'many of them' in the very beginning.

Comment

Yeah they attacked it so hard that I watched the entire thing with surround sound with all of my friends, and no one can recall what the hell ur talking about

Comment

Yo Realm, you still around?

Comment

Okay, I will bite just for fun. Most people just didn't even bother simply because you are as misinformed(or stupid) as they come. Since what a lot of MMA fans or just Dana White considering the dying era of boxing 2007 and on boxing has arguably been at its highest peak in its history. We had the largest PPV of all time at 2.4 million buys, we had another at nearly 2 million when we are speaking on worldwide buys for the Mayweather V Hatton matchup, and we had a record amount of buys for a matchup between two guy under the weight of 147 lbs(pacquaio v marquez). Along with all this the Pacquaio V DLH ppv racked in more buys than any matchup in MMA history outside of one.

Secondly, in these past few years we have held the largest crowds in the history of the Staples Center(Margarito V Mosley) and Madison Square Garden(Cotto V Judah). We also had a crowd of nearly 60,000 witness the Calzaghe V Kessler matchup and another huge crowd for Ricky Hatton V Juan Lazcano.

People need to realize that boxing is not MMA. MMA, well UFC for the most part has built its name through the United States and is still trying to get into other medias. Boxing on the other hand is a global sport and is practiced and has matches all around the world. On any given Saturday you can see boxing events held in over 10 countries. A lot of these matchups are not infront of a few hundreds of people. For example on December 6th we had world class bouts infront of massive crowds for the Amir Khan card, the Carl Froch card, and the Oscar DLH card. Not to mention 6 other countries participating in the sport infront of boxing fans.

Boxing may not be what it was back in the 60s and 70s for Americans but everywhere else boxing has exceeded its popularity. Boxing has become soccer and MMA has become the NFL although the difference is no where even close to what nfl and soccer is in America. The problem is that soccer will never catch on in America so there is nothing to worry about but if boxing ever cut the greed, got back on network tv, and got rid of some divisions and one belt it would once again be a top 4 major sport in America.

Chew on that slap nuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X