Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheater are ruining Boxing!!! Trinidad, Mosley and Margarito all scumbags!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After removing all your persuasive phrasing, this is what Fisher's account boils down to. It may be enough to justify saying that the Trinidad camp needed to re-wrap to satisfy the Chief inspector on that night, but it is hardly enough to justify the stance you seem to be taking. Imagine, Steve, the ramifications of what you're suggesting. If you are correct, and Trinidad's complete record is due to illegal hand wraps, that casts aspersions on the entire sport. Trinidad has fought 40 opposing camps in 14 separate cities and 5 countries. How is it possible that this is just coming out? Are we to believe they were all incompetent? All on the take? Are we to assume that the Trinidad camp is so far-reaching that they can plant inspectors in every venue? If so, what are you saying about the Athletic Commissions therein? Are they all involved in some grand coup to ensure undefeated status for a Puerto Rican boxer? It hardly seems likely, Steve. And if I were a representative of any one of these groups, I'd be incensed at your insinuation.

But, back to a final point about report writing: Word choice. Steve, the words you use convey more than their own meaning; they reveal the intent of the writer. Taking a look at your word choice tells me that you have a lot of personal bias on the subject, and you want me to take it as fact.

"It's like finding out that Babe Ruth had corked his bat," you begin. Curious. If nothing's been established yet, why are we stating it like its fact? How about, "It would be like finding out?" I know it's not as inflammatory, but it's a tad less biased. While we're at it, you might try to describe the opinions of angry boxers as "allegations" instead of "findings," and refer to Trinidad's hand wrapping process as a "technique" rather than a "shenanigan." Also, you mention that the Joppy camp "didn't catch the infraction," in their fight, which tells me that you believe there was an infraction to catch. I'd love to play poker with you sometime, Steve; you can't keep from showing your hand.

To sum up, Steve, I'd like to thank you for your passionate writing and for your creativity. In the future, though, I'd appreciate it if you'd just call a piece like "Cheat-O Trinidad" an editorial of your personal beliefs. If you've got something to say or a cause to champion, just say it. Don't hide behind a barrage of fighters and trainers who've lost, and let them offer your view for you. To do so is an abuse of your position as a writer for www.maxboxing. com. After all, people (myself included) come there for news and coverage, not propaganda.

Incidentally, I saw that your maxboxing.com colleague Doug Fischer posted an interview with Felix Trinidad, Sr. on October 30th. He did the unthinkable; he let us see Trinidad's take on this situation. Shouldn't that have been in the original piece? I guess it didn't quite fit your purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Executioner54 View Post
      Fuck the Cheaters!!!

I want to give Mosley respect. But it's hard seeing as how he himself is a cheating Scumbag!!!
      yep. **** the cheaters. And they can ruin boxing with the combo of cheating and the UFC as a cleaner alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Thriller View Post
        After removing all your persuasive phrasing, this is what Fisher's account boils down to. It may be enough to justify saying that the Trinidad camp needed to re-wrap to satisfy the Chief inspector on that night, but it is hardly enough to justify the stance you seem to be taking. Imagine, Steve, the ramifications of what you're suggesting. If you are correct, and Trinidad's complete record is due to illegal hand wraps, that casts aspersions on the entire sport. Trinidad has fought 40 opposing camps in 14 separate cities and 5 countries. How is it possible that this is just coming out? Are we to believe they were all incompetent? All on the take? Are we to assume that the Trinidad camp is so far-reaching that they can plant inspectors in every venue? If so, what are you saying about the Athletic Commissions therein? Are they all involved in some grand coup to ensure undefeated status for a Puerto Rican boxer? It hardly seems likely, Steve. And if I were a representative of any one of these groups, I'd be incensed at your insinuation.

But, back to a final point about report writing: Word choice. Steve, the words you use convey more than their own meaning; they reveal the intent of the writer. Taking a look at your word choice tells me that you have a lot of personal bias on the subject, and you want me to take it as fact.

"It's like finding out that Babe Ruth had corked his bat," you begin. Curious. If nothing's been established yet, why are we stating it like its fact? How about, "It would be like finding out?" I know it's not as inflammatory, but it's a tad less biased. While we're at it, you might try to describe the opinions of angry boxers as "allegations" instead of "findings," and refer to Trinidad's hand wrapping process as a "technique" rather than a "shenanigan." Also, you mention that the Joppy camp "didn't catch the infraction," in their fight, which tells me that you believe there was an infraction to catch. I'd love to play poker with you sometime, Steve; you can't keep from showing your hand.

To sum up, Steve, I'd like to thank you for your passionate writing and for your creativity. In the future, though, I'd appreciate it if you'd just call a piece like "Cheat-O Trinidad" an editorial of your personal beliefs. If you've got something to say or a cause to champion, just say it. Don't hide behind a barrage of fighters and trainers who've lost, and let them offer your view for you. To do so is an abuse of your position as a writer for www.maxboxing. com. After all, people (myself included) come there for news and coverage, not propaganda.

Incidentally, I saw that your maxboxing.com colleague Doug Fischer posted an interview with Felix Trinidad, Sr. on October 30th. He did the unthinkable; he let us see Trinidad's take on this situation. Shouldn't that have been in the original piece? I guess it didn't quite fit your purpose.
        Your points also apply to Margarito--but in Tito's case he was doing something that is allowed--using tape(but just using way too much of it)-- so it was easier for him to get away with it. AND Don't forget that ***DON KING*** was his promoter. I think King had something to do with the Chavez/Whitaker BS decision-- and it was blatantly done for the whole world to see. BTW, Tape is denser, harder and heavier than wraps and it adds much more power. Adding a little plaster to a small insert--most of it wouldn't absorb-- and then covering it with wraps-- adds alot less power nthan alot of tape would.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Thriller View Post
          i love how this is turning into a tito thing.even roy jones has said what tito wore was alot of gauze, to protect the hands.which is why tito never had any injuries to his hands.unlike calzaghe and floyd, who probably didn't wear enough.
          even the state official told hopkins camp that hopkins hands could be wrapped like tito's.marga got caught with pads.pads.not too much gauze. get it threw your bitter little heads.that's a big ****ing difference.
          I'ma sig this **** for you lame brains.
          Roy fought Tito after he was caught. The commission will say what it has to to protect itself. And I've got alot more time now so don't get too confident on here.

Comment

Fuck the Cheaters!!!

I want to give Mosley respect. But it's hard seeing as how he himself is a cheating Scumbag!!!
            You should be banned for you avatar

Comment

Yes Flaw but Mosley isn't any better. All praise goes to Nazim.

Caught two cheating frauds. Triniwraps and Margacheato.
              Your ridiculous comparing Trinidad to Margarito!

Mosley ADMITTED he used and came clean.

Trinidad was never suspended or charged with anything which is also the defense of Manny Pacquiao. If Pac is innocent then so is Trinidad.
              Not to mention that in the last 10 years SO MANY BOXERS HAVE BEEN MADE TO REWRAP including Hoya.

Comment

Working...
              X