Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
    and i love how he never gave hagler a rematch...f'n vagina
    Don't even get me started on that.

Leonard was an all time great in the ring (the first Hearns fight might be the best performance I have ever seen), but outside

Comment

i thought hagler won... i cant even watch the fight.. i cant stand leonard

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        Don't even get me started on that.

Leonard was an all time great in the ring (the first Hearns fight might be the best performance I have ever seen), but outside

And let’s not forget the 8 years he waited before giving Tommy a rematch….i’m not a SRL fan

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          And let’s not forget the 8 years he waited before giving Tommy a rematch….i’m not a SRL fan
          I am torn. He was amazingly good in the ring. Amazingly.
          Some stuff outside was amazingly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
            I am torn. He was amazingly good in the ring. Amazingly.
            Some stuff outside was amazingly bad.
            I think he did what he needed to do to preserve his legacy. I'm willing to bet hagler would take a rematch with leonard today if he could get one. I once heard SRL on Costas on the Radio, they spoke briefly about him not giving hagler a rematch, and SRL pretty much just said he gets along with all his past opponents, except haggler.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
              Did you think it was 7-4-1 = 3?

The indentation is not a minus sign.
              7-4-1 = 2

try again

Comment

Originally posted by PROD View Post
                This fight may be the most annoying to me in the history of boxing. It absolutely kills me to talk about it, much less watch it. However, I did the deed and assembled a panel of 4 other judges to give their scores and include comments. We compared them to the judges' cards, the media scores, and put them up against each other. It turned out to be pretty interesting. It amazes me that people I respect can score it for Leonard with no room to give. Yuck. Anyway, you can check out how it turned out at www.theboxingbulletin.com if you have a few minutes. Incidentally, I scored it 7-4-1 for Hagler, and can't even see 6 rounds for Leonard.
                I had no problem with Leonard winning that fight. He was phenomenal, scoring with flurries, clowning, slipping punches, just generally making the great Hagler look crude.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                  I think he did what he needed to do to preserve his legacy. I'm willing to bet hagler would take a rematch with leonard today if he could get one. I once heard SRL on Costas on the Radio, they spoke briefly about him not giving hagler a rematch, and SRL pretty much just said he gets along with all his past opponents, except haggler.
                  I think he is a modern fighter. ie: a businessman outside the ring. I have no beef against those of his kind (Jones Jr., Mayweather Jr.). In fact my mind can relate much better to them than to the other breed. The Hearns and Duran of this world who probably will dream about fighting in their sleep until the day they die.

Comment

sweet ray leonard joked his way thru the fight and got a gift because of his popularity....

Comment

I gotta be honest...

I didn't see much professional boxing from Leonard.

I break it down like this...

One guy landed more punches, threw more punches, landed the harder shots and pressed the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X