Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They have Calzaghe as ATG but not Mosley? WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you have calzaghe winning if he landed all the clean punches but some dude stood next to him and winged a bunch of slaps that missed?
    I'm noticing a trend here...each successive post you make, you are making more and more silly claims.

Now Hopkins landed all the clean punches and Calzaghe just stood there and winged a bunch of slaps that missed.

Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
      I'm noticing a trend here...each successive post you make, you are making more and more silly claims.

Now Hopkins landed all the clean punches and Calzaghe just stood there and winged a bunch of slaps that missed.

Lol.
      basically yes. what do you call it?

Comment

Lol.
        dude he has a point.

I know you are fro Wales, and you feel you must stand by Calzaghe, but seriously dude. I'm from Britain, i dont look at race etc. I say it how it is. Watching Calzaghe that bout was embarrassing. The guy through only a handful of straight punches. Everything else, call them slaps or whatever you want, they were just ridiculous.

The fact that he through many of them does not detract the fact their meaningless

Comment

• well if he did it in the second on purpose he probably did it in the 9th
          'Probably' isn't enough in this case because if you watch the fight again, the punch landed on the belt line. Hardly a devastating shot that provoked the reaction it did.

when he got schooled the first 8 rounds and lost almost every won(according to his trainer and dad of course)
          I assume you are referring to Enzo telling him he needs to stop Hopkins before the 12 round begun? More to do with ensuring Joe did enough for the judges than anything else.

Comment

• I know you are fro Wales, and you feel you must stand by Calzaghe
            Its nothing to do with that. I just think that Calzaghe did more to win. It was a poor performance and an ugly fight, but he did more overall. He may have thrown many 'slaps', many which missed and none which cut/knocked down Hopkins, but that's more than Hopkins did. He gave me the impression that he thought his first-round knockdown was enough to win. You can't throw so few punches and then moan that the other fighter didn't deserve to win because your face is untouched. If the other fighter is not hurting you, then why wouldn't you fight back more effectively? If Joe's windmill slaps were that ineffective then surely Hopkins could have taken a few more risks?

Comment

• It's real funny years after the Lacy fight just how many floggers there are out there. According to just about everyone at the time, and I remember it well, Lacy was going to, no ****, kill Calzaghe. The die hard Calzaghe fans didn't agree, but the general concensus was that Calzaghe was a lunatic for taking the fight and he was over hyped and going to be a shadow of the fighter he was after stepping in the ring with Lacy. Well I know who was a shadow of a fighter after that bout. Sure Lacy looks like **** nowadays, but he was somewhat unstoppable before that match. Calzaghe smashed him into a shell that he cannot return. You can say he was one dimensional and blah, blah, blah but I ****ing guarantee every ****ing hater ****wit here had money on Lacy and are still raw about it.

Calzaghe suffered from bad management more than any single thing in his career. I believe he knew he was capable of bringing down the US greats, which he has done now, allbeit after their primes and indeed his own prime. In the UK however, he was Frank Warrens cash cow and obviously protected from any would be threats. Any logical boxing fan can look back and sumise that with Calzaghe not being a prime fighter himself, that if allowed to take risks would have cleaned out Hopkins and RJJ at an earlier date, which would have had US boxing fans hanging themselves in the streets. You'd be a ****wit hater to disagree. I mean he beat them and everybody else put in front of him. He just has an answer to all the puzzles, from dirty ****ing fighters like Bika to super wanking showboaters like RJJ, to powerhouses like Kessler, to old school foul-a-thons like Hopkins. No fighter has an answer so far to Calzaghe though, so why not respect? Most fighters come unstuck through their careers with even journeymen or gatekeeper fighters, but if you've been undefeated since you were a British school boy champion and you can't get respect from internet worms like the freaks that frequent this site, well the world is a ****ing hilarious place. Goodnight cockheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                look, i'm not one of these overexcited JC stans, i feel Hopkins won the fight personally so i won't delve deeper into that argument

but i noticed that statement i quoted was completely hypocritical..... if you can't see that you must be totally agenda driven

everything doesn't have to be as black and white as this site makes it... on the one hand you have people saying Calzaghe's a former world-class puncher a la Trinidad, and on the other hand you have people saying he's always been weaker than Calderon's baby sister... on the one hand you have people calling Calzaghe's resume great, on the other you have people saying it was all bums and OAP's.......

can no one ever be objective
                I can, go and look at my posts in this thread.

Good resume but not great.
                HoF but not ATG
                Fought most of the best in his division but not all
                fought a few bums as champion but more good fighters and good prospects than bums.
                Pulled out of one fight due to injury, had one possible defining fighter pull out on him.
                Decent power but not great.
                Beat Hopkins because Hopkins did nothing to win the fight, and if you can find reason why one person won the fight and none to say the other guy did, chances are the guy with the reasons for winning probably won.

I say again not one person in this thread has said he was ATG, not one single person, and yet the haters still insist on destroying other fighters reputation purely to try and make Calzaghe look bad.

It's a ****ing appauling state of affairs when a multiple champ and decent guy like Robin Reid or Kessler gets his name dragged through the mud and called bums by people on an agenda against a totally different fighter.

Comment

'Probably' isn't enough in this case because if you watch the fight again, the punch landed on the belt line. Hardly a devastating shot that provoked the reaction it did.

I assume you are referring to Enzo telling him he needs to stop Hopkins before the 12 round begun? More to do with ensuring Joe did enough for the judges than anything else.
                  belt line? you haven't seen the fight. it was a foot below the belt line.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    oh you were serious with that "outwork" code word. i thought you had something real.
                    no,I was serious..now about that 117-110? I have only asked about 50 times

Comment

Its nothing to do with that. I just think that Calzaghe did more to win. It was a poor performance and an ugly fight, but he did more overall. He may have thrown many 'slaps', many which missed and none which cut/knocked down Hopkins, but that's more than Hopkins did. He gave me the impression that he thought his first-round knockdown was enough to win. You can't throw so few punches and then moan that the other fighter didn't deserve to win because your face is untouched. If the other fighter is not hurting you, then why wouldn't you fight back more effectively? If Joe's windmill slaps were that ineffective then surely Hopkins could have taken a few more risks?
                      wouldn't you think you were easily winning a fight if you connected with all the clean shots and the other guy wasn't touching you not to mention making himself look like a complete circus freak in the process. hopkins didn't know the judges were blind and thought calzaghe was landing.

Comment

Working...
                      X