Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They have Calzaghe as ATG but not Mosley? WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you think calzaghe was more accurate? how is throwing 1000 slaps and only having about 3 clean lands in a whole fight accurate?
    I'm having serious doubts about whether you actually watched the fight. Let me remind you of another statistic: Joe landed more punches on Hopkins than anyone has in a fight.

faking low blows? since when was it fake? he clearly hit him low.
    Watch the fight again. He made a meal of it. Plain and simple. Trying to buy himself time because he couldn't keep up with the pace that Calzaghe was setting.

Again, though, you keep knocking Joe. Remind what Hopkins did to deserve the win. You seem to be avoiding this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      eubank hadn't won a meaningful fight in over 3 years. tarver just beat clinton woods for the ibf title. the evidence is in the fight? dawson dominated him cause dawson is good. so by your logic pavlik is past it cause hopkins dominated him.
      Dawson did not fight great against Tarver... and yet he still won clearly.

What does that tell you about where Tarver was at at the time..... He showed so many symptoms of an over-the-hill fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
        an opponent with a reputed strong chin, being severely hurt by Calzaghe

no one's saying Calzaghe went from Foreman to Locche overnight... but he had respectable power before his hands started to badly suffer from the wear and tear
        mitchell had a strong chin? manny siaca had him knocked down and on queer street when he fought him. he fought all pillow punchers till he met richard hall who knocked him out in his very next fight. did you think bruno girad was gonna test mitchells chin?

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
          Dawson did not fight great against Tarver... and yet he still won clearly.

What does that tell you about where Tarver was at at the time..... He showed so many symptoms of an over-the-hill fighter

He win more clearly and fought a lot better than Joe did against Hopkins.

Go take a look what he did to Adamek. Dawson give him a Boxing lesson for most of the fight.

Hopkins didn't? he was winning and got tired. Please dont bring up Pavlik it was fought at a snails pace and Pavlik clearly struggled with the extra weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
            I'm having serious doubts about whether you actually watched the fight. Let me remind you of another statistic: Joe landed more punches on Hopkins than anyone has in a fight.

Watch the fight again. He made a meal of it. Plain and simple. Trying to buy himself time because he couldn't keep up with the pace that Calzaghe was setting.

Again, though, you keep knocking Joe. Remind what Hopkins did to deserve the win. You seem to be avoiding this point.
            1. compubox is wrong everyone who has eyes knows this.
            2. you said it was fake did you not. a punch landed low how is that fake.
            3. landed better punches and made calzaghe look stupid by missing all his.

Comment

• mitchell was an early stoppage.
              My point was that before his hand trouble started affecting him seriously, he did have power in his punches. He was never a Julian Jackson, but he had more power than he does now.

a) You are aware that there was talk of him quitting at one point because due to hand troubles he was unable to spar for a year and his performances were declining.

b) He won a fight virtually one handed after breaking his hand in the fourth round.

c) He damaged his wrist in the amateurs and to this day he cannot do pushups on the palm of his hand

Comment

• er... Calzaghe said after the bout the Low Blows were deliberate..
                http://www.boxingdaily.co.uk/calzagh...ns-deliberate/

__

i dont care how many slaps/punches someone throws. Work-Rate may be be good, but if they don't do anything, then what is the point?

Calzaghe was knockded down and was wobbled on several occasions throughout the bout.

Hopkins was wobbled i think only once.

Which says it all.

Comment

• compubox is wrong everyone who has eyes knows this
                  The numbers might not be 100% accurate, but the difference in Calzaghe's/Hopkins statistics were too far apart to be completely false.

When one fighter is landing at 37% (Calzaghe) and the other is landing at 27%, I don't think you can seriously argue that the numbers should be reversed. Now if it was, say 35%/33% I'd see your point, but unfortunately that is not the case.

Hopkins threw less, Hopkins landed less and Hopkins was gassed in the second half of the fight. No other way to describe it.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if the fight had been the other way around. Something tells me you wouldn't be moaning about Hopkins throwing a 1000 punches and not leaving a scratch on Calzaghe's face. Hmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewcuff View Post
                    My point was that before his hand trouble started affecting him seriously, he did have power in his punches. He was never a Julian Jackson, but he had more power than he does now.

a) You are aware that there was talk of him quitting at one point because due to hand troubles he was unable to spar for a year and his performances were declining.

b) He won a fight virtually one handed after breaking his hand in the fourth round.

c) He damaged his wrist in the amateurs and to this day he cannot do pushups on the palm of his hand
                    where is the POWER? which fights? the early stoppage over mitchell who has a glass jaw? the 1 round ko over glass jawed veit? the early stoppage over manfredo? early stoppage over sabot? early stoppage of sheika? juan carlos himinez ferrari quitting in his corner?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                      He win more clearly and fought a lot better than Joe did against Hopkins.

Go take a look what he did to Adamek. Dawson give him a Boxing lesson for most of the fight.

Hopkins didn't? he was winning and got tired. Please dont bring up Pavlik it was fought at a snails pace and Pavlik clearly struggled with the extra weight.
                      look, i'm not one of these overexcited JC stans, i feel Hopkins won the fight personally so i won't delve deeper into that argument

but i noticed that statement i quoted was completely hypocritical..... if you can't see that you must be totally agenda driven

everything doesn't have to be as black and white as this site makes it... on the one hand you have people saying Calzaghe's a former world-class puncher a la Trinidad, and on the other hand you have people saying he's always been weaker than Calderon's baby sister... on the one hand you have people calling Calzaghe's resume great, on the other you have people saying it was all bums and OAP's.......

can no one ever be objective

Comment

Working...
                      X