Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins turned down $4 million. Won't fight Mikkel Kessler!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    According to who? Please provide (factual) proof. And don't give me that live gate BS either because HBO surpasses that by taking a ****.
    Did you see the size of the live crowd for the Andrade fight? Nowhere in the US could they have gotten even 25% of that many people to see them fight. HBO showed that fight, so I don't see your point. The only problem is if they make it a PPV, and after the dismal numbers from Hopkins' last PPV, that doesn't seem likely.

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
      Yeah but he pulled out when Team Kessler asked for the fight to be at a catchweight.
      That's false.

Dawson's team has stated they are willing to do it at a catchweight.

IBD Magazine, Jan. issue

Comment

Hopkins is a professional fighter. He only has himself to blame if he wasn't prepared for the altitude.
        Not saying he isn't to blame he should have arrived a week before to adjust but that's neither here nor there, I'm sure he learned from it and he redeemed himself from that Draw by scoring a TKO in the immediate rematch for the title.

My only point was that was the only time in his career he was ever knocked down and more then likely it was because of those specific conditions that led to that happening, be it his fault or not, since it was so out of character for hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Did you see the size of the live crowd for the Andrade fight? Nowhere in the US could they have gotten even 25% of that many people to see them fight. HBO showed that fight, so I don't see your point. The only problem is if they make it a PPV, and after the dismal numbers from Hopkins' last PPV, that doesn't seem likely.
          How much did they get paid?

Thanks.

And when you get that answer, please come back and admit u were wrong about them earning more money in Copenhagen.

Comment

Hopkins is a professional fighter. He only has himself to blame if he wasn't prepared for the altitude.
            Easier said than done! Could you fight at your best in those conditions? Pro fighter or not, it's harsh man, and when the crowd is against you and there's a civil war going on, no doubt it's gonna mess with your mind a little bit too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Why dont YOU prove that the fight makes more in the US?

Surely HBO would televise regardless of venue.
              True. But where's the proof it does more in Copenhagen then Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                That's false.

Dawson's team has stated they are willing to do it at a catchweight.

IBD Magazine, Jan. issue
                No it isn't. It's posted on Marleys site that Dawson turned down a fight at 170.

Please provide a link to team Dawson's claims.

Comment

Yeah but he pulled out when Team Kessler asked for the fight to be at a catchweight.
                  Listen Bat,no offense but that fight would of been pointless at a catch weight. Neither would gain recognition at any weight class and Kessler had nothing lose considering his belt at Super Middleweight would be intact. Mikkel could of gained a title and exposure in the US. Chad is not a big Light Heavyweight compared to some so Kessler wouldn't of been at a disadvantage IMO.

Comment

No it isn't. It's posted on Marleys site that Dawson turned down a fight at 170.

Please provide a link to team Dawson's claims.

Marley is in bed with Kessler (works with his team). Love him, but I know this - and I'm sure you do too.

International Boxing Digest, latest issue. Pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                      Easier said than done! Could you fight at your best in those conditions? Pro fighter or not, it's harsh man, and when the crowd is against you and there's a civil war going on, no doubt it's gonna mess with your mind a little bit too.
                      Hostile crowds is all in a days work for the Viking Warrior so...

Regarding the conditions well... it's the same for his opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X