Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins turned down $4 million. Won't fight Mikkel Kessler!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    I'm Ricardo Lopez, baby.
    Who??????????

Comment

• because of Hopkins age, he has A LOT of flaws in his game. He just doesn't have the offensive arsenal like he used to when he was much younger, not as sharp offensively, always prone to making fights ugly, and just doesn't have the workrate anymore to compete with Chad Dawson. I think Chad Dawson would absolutely murder Hopkins right now.

If Hopkins was younger like 4 years ago, I would favor Hopkins, but not at this age, and it would still be a tough fight for him. Hopkins was taking on Oscar De La Hoya during that time and Chad Dawson is no Oscar De La Hoya. People like to say well Hopkins beat Kelly Pavlik a young champion who's the same age as Chad Dawson. But Pavlik isn't a natural LHW yet, he's slow as ****, even slower than Hopkins. Dawson on the other hand is faster, less limited, and much more skilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tunney View Post
        The last time Hopkins fought outside his home country, he was given a beating. He's been afraid to leave the comforts of the US ever since.
        really, because form what i know of, he did have a tough fight at 10 thousand + feet in Ecuador, in his opponents hometown, with hometown judging, a don king fighter, knocked down twice and fought to a draw. not to mention almost knocked out mercado, so if you're talking about that fight, you don't know ****e. now, if you're talking about his fight in france, then you really don't know ****e........

so where did he go and catch this beating out of his country to where he doesn't want to go anywhere to fight?

sag nut......

Comment

• bump......

Comment

• Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
            Hopkins was offered a whopping 4,000,000 USD to fight Mikkel Kessler in Copenhagen.

Hopkins didn't want none.
            There's the problem right there.

Comment

• How many " Ducked Kessler for $4 million" threads are there going to be?

a) Nobody is probably Ducking Kessler. No offense, But Kessler is small Fish.
              b) Nobody is going to go to Copenhagen to fight in the Worst Division in history. Especially even it its only 1 belt in the worst division

c) Again, No Offense, but i doubt Kessler can bring in much. Hopkins has the opportunity to make alot more money that $4m. I doubt kessler can even bring in $4 million in the first place too in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by minion View Post
                How many " Ducked Kessler for $4 million" threads are there going to be?

a) Nobody is probably Ducking Kessler. No offense, But Kessler is small Fish.
                b) Nobody is going to go to Copenhagen to fight in the Worst Division in history. Especially even it its only 1 belt in the worst division

c) Again, No Offense, but i doubt Kessler can bring in much. Hopkins has the opportunity to make alot more money that $4m. I doubt kessler can even bring in $4 million in the first place too in my opinion.
                The worst division in history? It is one of the better divisions right now. Very doubtful the title is a major concern here. They would likely fight at a catchweight like Winky and Pavlik did.

Also please tell us who Hopkins can realistically fight now for a lot more than four million.

Comment

• Hopkins is already really wealthy and is a legend. Why would he accept an offer to go across the world to fight Kessler for only 4 million dollars? It doesn't make sense and kinda shows that Kessler isn't really serious for this fight or he would be dying to come here and fight Hop. Then again the demand wouldn't be much higher for this fight in America. Kessler just isn't a big name here. He needs to fight in the United States a few times to build his name.

Comment

• And Vazquez-Maruqez IV is signed!!! Right Marley?

Michael Marley is full of ****. His website is trash minus Ricardo Lois and John Chavez, who always do a nice radio show.

Marley is KESSLER'S AMERICAN AGENT! He's also Guzman's. Remember when we heard a lot of **** about Guzman-Campbell that wasn't true? That was Marley. Marley is just BSing everyone right now.

Bernard shouldn't waste his time with Kessler. Kessler has not had any significant wins since his loss to Calzaghe and Hopkins would be picking up Calzaghe's left overs! Why in the hell would Hopkins try and not go and fight Calzaghe and take his left overs instead?

Why fight Kessler instead of Dawson too? Dawson is much more highly regraded (and better) then Kessler is. Kessler should be focusing on cleaning out 168.

Oh and Hopkins would make 4 million facing Calzaghe again most likely. I don't believe this offer for a second.

Comment

• 4 million dollars; isn't very much. For Joe Calzaghe, not to mention Hopkins.

Team Kessler: don't have the money, for these kind of fights.

The same position Joe Calzaghe was in for his whole career until it's twilight.

Comment

Working...
                      X