Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better Resume? Julio Cesar Chavez or Hector Camacho Sr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna have to go with JCC

Comment

chavez..resume=who you beat not who you fought..or journey men would have the best resumes

Comment

Originally posted by dondi330 View Post
        Yes ...just meant who he fought....Winning a fight can easily be challenged by us fans (but don't want to get into that)...Chavez with Whitaker and Meldrick Taylor Etc....Camacho with Rosario and Duran.....Some fans can say the other guys won too...Face it if you guys followed both of their careers....They both had some controversial wins (like I said dont want to get into that). Also a "resume" Does not necessarily mean who they beat....a resume shows your experience.
        I can pick a gatekeeper type, that every good fighter in the weight divisions around him fought on their way up in an era, and say hey look at that awsome resume.

Comment

Good question. Chavez lost the big fights tho.

Comment

wtf???duran was ****ing 50 and still went 12 with camacho..lol

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
              I can pick a gatekeeper type, that every good fighter in the weight divisions around him fought on their way up in an era, and say hey look at that awsome resume.
              You do that and let me see the name. Im from the show me state.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                Good question. Chavez lost the big fights tho.
                That's what I looked at too, but so did Camacho, when he faced guys like DLH & Trinidad. I don't know, I just say Camacho.

Yes ...just meant who he fought....Winning a fight can easily be challenged by us fans (but don't want to get into that)...Chavez with Whitaker and Meldrick Taylor Etc....Camacho with Rosario and Duran.....Some fans can say the other guys won too...Face it if you guys followed both of their careers....They both had some controversial wins (like I said dont want to get into that). Also a "resume" Does not necessarily mean who they beat....a resume shows your experience.
                I definitely didn't follow either guys career, just watched what I could.
                Last edited by krispy kreme; 01-07-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J. HITTER View Post
                  That's what I looked at too, but so did Camacho, when he faced prime guys, like DLH & Trinidad. I don't know, I just say Camacho.
                  Just imagine if Chavez fought Trinidad around the same time Hoya fought Chavez....hmmm

Comment

Just imagine if Chavez fought Trinidad around the same time Hoya fought Chavez....hmmm
                    Another ass whooping probably would have been in store for Chavez.

Comment

You do that and let me see the name. Im from the show me state.
                      Look at someone like George Chuvalo

Competitors included
                      Muhammad Ali x2
                      Joe Frazier
                      George Foreman
                      Cleveland Williams
                      Jerry Quarry
                      Buster Mathis
                      Floyd Patterson
                      Zora Folley
                      Jimmy Ellis
                      Ernier Terrell

Now granted Chuvalo is better than your average gatekeeper, but if we are just saying Resume's are who you fought, you could say his is better than some of these all time greats that beat him.

Just for fun I picked just a random fighter off Chuvalo's opponents who had a number of fights, just so I could have someone less successful.

Willi Besmanoff fought the following

Bob Foster
                      Muhammad Ali
                      Zora Folley x2
                      Archie Moore x2
                      Willie Pestrano
                      Eddie Machen
                      Sonny Liston
                      George Chuvalo x3

Anyway I got bored but you get my point

Comment

Working...