Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor may fight Froch, RJJ, or Glen Johnson?????????????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gold Mac View Post
    This actually might be a good fight for Roy Jones...I dont want to see him fight no more but I dont see Taylor going after him aggressively enough to knock him out. I got Taylor 8-4
    True.....JT would give Roy a pass and let him finish the fight on his feet without tryin' to clown him in the process like dude from Wales did.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
      True.....JT would give Roy a pass and let him finish the fight on his feet without tryin' to clown him in the process like dude from Wales did.
      JT might be too nice for his own good... I know he could have taken Lacy out, but in my opinion (which should never account for much) he stepped off the gas because Lacy is an old friend.

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
        Jones/Taylor would only be made by HBO as a way to invest in the winner. Both fighters have suffered recent setbacks and need a marquee win on their resumés before HBO can go on to make any more decent money off of them. I'm sure they'd rather have Taylor win (and I think he would) because he's got a lot more career ahead of him, but on the off chance that Jones won it would give HBO another chance to cash in on his name in a big, meaningless fight.

One thing's for sure, if Jones somehow wins it definitely won't be a retirement fight. It will give him false confidence that he still has it and he will continue fighting until someone sends him out of the ring on a stretcher.
        Taylor would have to be a fool to except that fight with Jones. It is a lose,lose situation. If he wins,he beat a shot Roy and if he lost the fight there is no belt to fall back on. No one will pay to see that fight,even if it were free people wouldn't tune in. Calzaghe already beat up the man for twelve rounds and Taylor went after his first victim in Lacy so why continue after Joe's leftovers when you can face Froch or Kessler for a belt?

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_nall View Post
          JT might be too nice for his own good... I know he could have taken Lacy out, but in my opinion (which should never account for much) he stepped off the gas because Lacy is an old friend.
          I noticed that also....my girl EVEN noticed it .....he had Lacy a few times and let him off! you right....JT might be too nice for his own good

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
            Taylor would have to be a fool to except that fight with Jones. It is a lose,lose situation. If he wins,he beat a shot Roy and if he lost the fight there is no belt to fall back on. No one will pay to see that fight,even if it were free people wouldn't tune in. Calzaghe already beat up the man for twelve rounds and Taylor went after his first victim in Lacy so why continue after Joe's leftovers when you can face Froch or Kessler for a belt?
            I doubt that fight would be on PPV... it could be though

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              I doubt that fight would be on PPV... it could be though
              I bet you it would be...... and you would pay for it

Comment

Taylor shouldn't rush a jump to 175. Fight Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
                  I bet you it would be...... and you would pay for it
                  i mean... of course i would.

Comment

Jones would be an interesting fight actually. It would be good to see Roy perform well and show he's not as shot as many like to exaggerate as such.

Johnson will be all over this, he's desperate for fights.

However, if HBO don't want Froch and Taylors HBO contract is up, then perfect timing dickheads, crack on with Showtime then.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      i mean... of course i would.
                      damn your sig is sick!

Comment

Working...
                      X