No announcement yet.

Shane will beat Margarito!!!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawk Time View Post
    1. Mosley's reflexes are slipping. Everybody fights Ricardo Mayorga to make themselves look like a superstar but Mosley looked very poor until Mayorga ran out of gas. Margarito doesn't run out of gas like Mayorga.
    2. Mosley has never been a defensive wizard and you can't slip them all.

3. Mosley cannot fight at the pace needed to stay in the fight.

4. Cotto gassed out because of pressure and body shots.

5. Since his move up to welterweight, Mosley has been inconsistent with his body attack.
    I agree with everything excet for what I bolded. Mayorga held alot in that fight and made Shane look bad. That was a style I never saw Mayorga fight. he usually swings for the fences like a windmill and doesnt hold like that. he was constatly tying up Shane. Eventually Shane got the KO. He didnt look great but niether did Calzaghe against Hopkins. It is what it is a W for Shane. Shane will look better against Marg or he will be in lots of trouble.....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
      Sorry but cotto was tired in the latter rounds of the Mosley fight, Mosley and everyone else just didnt notice it. Cotto was able to disgiuse it by moving which some people would say he give up some rounds.

But in reality he was tired, Margarito was able to capitalise on it like mosley couldnt/didnt.
      ding ding ding! I witnessed the same thing! In that fight cotto had to either hit or get hit. that resulted in him exerting himself more than he was ready for! He was beating ssm to the punch early but when he knew he was fading he got on his bike! Thats why they call them the championship rds!

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

Sorry...... but i disagree.... he was playing keep away.
        I personally dont thing he was playing keep away to be honest, He was gassed and played it out well to the untrained eye.

Comment

Originally posted by jantzen212003 View Post
          ding ding ding! I witnessed the same thing! In that fight cotto had to either hit or get hit. that resulted in him exerting himself more than he was ready for! He was beating ssm to the punch early but when he knew he was fading he got on his bike! Thats why they call them the championship rds!

Thats exactly my point, He was acting very strange from the 9th rounds onward...The commentator even thought he was hurt or something but couldnt prove it when they didnt see a punch landed on him by mosley.

He was just tired and played it out well by moving then potshotting the jab, That isnt a dig at cotto but an analysis of the fight in the latter stages.

Comment

Thats exactly my point, He was acting very strange from the 9th rounds onward...The commentator even thought he was hurt or something but couldnt prove it when they didnt see a punch landed on him by mosley.

He was just tired and played it out well by moving then potshotting the jab, That isnt a dig at cotto but an analysis of the fight in the latter stages.
            You think margies camp noted that or he just fell into the style that margie has?

Comment

You think margies camp noted that or he just fell into the style that margie has?

EXACTLY....Margarito and his camp must have notice this and they just kept to the gameplan of chasing and landing on any part of cotto's body, Am 100%sure that they paid closer attention to the video of cotto's fight with Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by luckylefty731 View Post
                I agree with everything excet for what I bolded. Mayorga held alot in that fight and made Shane look bad. That was a style I never saw Mayorga fight. he usually swings for the fences like a windmill and doesnt hold like that. he was constatly tying up Shane. Eventually Shane got the KO. He didnt look great but niether did Calzaghe against Hopkins. It is what it is a W for Shane. Shane will look better against Marg or he will be in lots of trouble.....Lefty
                I actually think Mosley was stunned in the first round by an uppercut. Mosley has shown a weakness for the uppercut, particularly against Forrest, and has struggled with tall opponents due to his lack of a stiff jab. I think he'll be backed up by Margarito and have trouble getting his offense going on the back foot.

Comment

EXACTLY....Margarito and his camp must have notice this and they just kept to the gameplan of chasing and landing on any part of cotto's body, Am 100%sure that they paid closer attention to the video of cotto's fight with Mosley.
                  I think this upcoming bout will be more competitive than most believe. SSM has more pop than he is getting credit and I think this will prevent margie from rushing in with no regard for the leather. Also SSM will be able to beat him to the punch as long as he can hold up and counter when margie throws while out of position a la PW and Clottey bouts. I just don't think SSM can keep that pace for a good 8rds needed to secure a decision.

Comment

I dont see Margarito losing to a short welterw.His punch output and pressure is almost insane!He fights well on the inside,thats always a shorter fighters best chance,not so against that punch output!I take my hat off to Mosley for taking this fight,but I dont see him winning!!

Comment

I think this upcoming bout will be more competitive than most believe. SSM has more pop than he is getting credit and I think this will prevent margie from rushing in with no regard for the leather. Also SSM will be able to beat him to the punch as long as he can hold up and counter when margie throws while out of position a la PW and Clottey bouts. I just don't think SSM can keep that pace for a good 8rds needed to secure a decision.

My thing is Margarito is one of the slowest 147 out there right now but because of Mosley's age i doubt he would be able to keep up with the younger and energize monster in Margrito.

Comment

Working...
                      X