No announcement yet.

European Officiating: Fall Of A Boxing Empire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
    Nah man, we're not like that over here, when the last time you've seen a European robbed over here, just really doesnt happen.
    Has there ever been a euro in the bay area?

In the states there's been plenty like Schulz against Foreman and Sturm against DLH just to name 2...

Comment

holyfield lewis 1 (even though it was judged a draw, still a disgrace)

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Has there ever been a euro in the bay area?

In the states there's been plenty like Schulz against Foreman and Sturm against DLH just to name 2...
        Im not in the bay area, I meant the US as a whole. Sturm DLH wasnt a robbery to me, didnt see Schulz/Foreman. There may have been a couple but it seems they would rather rob US against US fighters since that happens so much.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
          holyfield lewis 1 (even though it was judged a draw, still a disgrace)
          Lewis is Jamacian/Canadian.

Comment

Nah man, we're not like that over here, when the last time you've seen a European robbed over here, just really doesnt happen.
            On topic, Ottke should have losses to Brewer, Mitchell, Reid and Larson. Johnson fight was close but it could have been a draw.

The Kessler fight is in Ward hometown so its a possibility, how many possible world champions have Oakland had? I'm not knowledgeable in that area.

If there a robbery tonight, then it will be the AA-Taylor fight (if Taylor deserves to win then he'll get robbed. Its in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
              The worst decisions I've seen are in the US:

Holyfield-Lewis I
              Casamayor-Santa Cruz
              Sturm-De La Hoya
              Meehan-Brewster
              De La Hoya-Mosley
              Toney-Tiberi
              DLH-Mosley (assuming your talking about the rematch) wast that bad a decision. it was a very close fight. i had it 115-113 DLH but it could easily have been a draw. dont think DLH deserved to lose but it wasnt a robbery by any means. a close fight where perhaps the wrong guy got the vote. the others i agree with, except i havent seen meehan-brewster so idk.

ohh i just read u said the worst decisions u seen were in the US, first thought u said it was a list of just the worst US decisions.. germany have far worse decisions than the US my friend. England too.

Comment

Lewis is Jamacian/Canadian.
                Hes British/Jamaican...He lived out his childhood in the UK moved to Canada at 12 represented them in the Olympics then moved back to the UK for his adult life. Then to the US for retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Hes British/Jamaican...He lived out his childhood in the UK moved to Canada at 12 represented them in the Olympics then moved back to the UK for his adult life. Then to the US for retirement.
                  Yeah i know, I was just having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    On topic, Ottke should have losses to Brewer, Mitchell, Reid and Larson. Johnson fight was close but it could have been a draw.

The Kessler fight is in Ward hometown so its a possibility, how many possible world champions have Oakland had? I'm not knowledgeable in that area.

If there a robbery tonight, then it will be the AA-Taylor fight (if Taylor deserves to win then he'll get robbed. Its in Germany.
                    Wonder why does Germany feel they need to do that.

Comment

Add Froch/Dirrell to the long list of European robberies.
                      http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...7570&cat=boxer

Comment

Working...
                      X