No announcement yet.

Margarito and Cotto are not worth Floyd's time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangler View Post
    2 other guys who held WW belts at the same time weren't worthy of a shot, but the champ at 140 lbs was? All the PBF dick riders who ***** about him not gettin respect don't help wit this ******ed ****.
    It's 'cause that certain 140 pounder hurt Floyd's feelings by talking **** about him on national TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
      truthfully margarito and cotto are second tiers fighters compared to floyd. if you break down cotto and what he has not accomplished you can tell he was overrated and a product of floyd hate.

margarito has lost to the likes of larry dixon, rodney jones, paul williams and daniel santos.

if margarito was some atg at 147 WHICH HE IS NOT then he should be undefeated and have unified 147 or at least defended his title 15 times( like the great felix trinidad the greatest afro-rican champion ever).

but what has margo done in his 29 years in the sport

the fact that cotto could not beat a fighter bigger then him shows how overrated he truly is. cotto will never be an atg since he lacks the toughness and smarts to ever beat a bigger fighter.

why would floyd a 5 weight world champion come out of retirement and place his "0" on the line against medicore fighters like this.

what does margo have to put up in a battle with floyd of equal worth. margo has nothing but a wba belt you idiots think floyd is going to come out of retirment to fight margo for his trinket

and cotto what does he have to offer now that margo popped his cherry. a wbo trinket he got fighting michael jennings.
      both guys are worthy but they can't pay Floyd's purse.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        both guys are worthy but they can't pay Floyd's purse.
        Floyd can't even pay his own purses. The only time he got payed was when he fought a popular fighter himself and he was still getting just half of what they made.

Comment

Floyd can't even pay his own purses. The only time he got payed was when he fought a popular fighter himself and he was still getting just half of what they made.

thnaks for proving my point

Comment

thnaks for proving my point

what point? I'm confused? What does that have anything to do with Margarito, Cotto, or boxing in general.

Mayweather couldn't earn because he was an ******* the end.

Comment

And a Hatton rematch is worth his time?

If he beats Mosley, Margo will have beaten 5 top 10 Welters in his past 8 fights. Cotto's beaten 3 in his last 6..How many top rated Welters has the great Mayweather beaten in his mighty reign at 147? And what exactly was so special about him getting a SD W vs and old and rusty De La Hoya and beating Ricky Hatton at 147 to make you believe these real welterweights wouldn't pose him any threat? Fact is PBF retired so's not to face these guys. He is all about making money, so if these guys were going to be as easy for him to beat as you say, why didn't he just cash in and then stroll off into the sunset? Maybe he wouldn't need to call out Pac and Hatton now that he's running out of money. It would be an all-time ***** move if he comes back to fight those guys instead of Margo or Cotto.

Comment

RIDE OR DIE!
                cheerleader!

Comment

truthfully margarito and cotto are second tiers fighters compared to floyd. if you break down cotto and what he has not accomplished you can tell he was overrated and a product of floyd hate.

margarito has lost to the likes of larry dixon, rodney jones, paul williams and daniel santos.

if margarito was some atg at 147 WHICH HE IS NOT then he should be undefeated and have unified 147 or at least defended his title 15 times( like the great felix trinidad the greatest afro-rican champion ever).

but what ..........
                  flawless

Comment

Originally posted by adrsan84 View Post
                    I see your point Dominicano, and just as Jordan left too early, so too Floyd. But unlike Jordan, Floyd could have done more to seal his legacy. Did a lot in his career no taking that away, but he could have done more, whether it was because of fear or just not being motivated is another question, but he certainly could have done more at welterweight.
                    Great point. We should be saying "Floyd in his day and in his time was phenomenal". I've never understood the common question, "Does a prime (our day fighter) beat a prime (yesteryears fighter)? Thats like asking if Santa Clause beats the Easter Bunny. It's all speculation. If we start comparing Floyd to people throughout all times and all weights... he is just another really great fighter. His accomplishments were great, but he wasn't the first to accomplish them.

Comment

• SO true. What a waste of time. Who would want to see Mayweather fight Cotto or Margarito? That sounds boring. Yeah, Mayweather is much better off doing nothing. That sounds like fun. I know that's why I follow boxing. I like fighters who do nothing. What a blast!

Comment

Working...
                      X